Heathrow Security Exclusive

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Heathrow Security Exclusive

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  AJ 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

martinAnderson
    Participant
    #21495 Reply

martinAnderson
    Participant

I just thought I would say I am very impressed with how Sky News are handeling their report…

#21496 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

And its a real good report. Its an eye opener but it adds to my worries when travelling by plane.

#21497 Reply

sir drinks alot
    Participant

all around good reporting from sky

#21498 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Hmmm, but is it really news? Is it worthy of the top story each hour? Can Sky really justify using 2 reporters for the packages and 8-or-so minutes each hour for the story?

#21499 Reply

Liam
    Participant

Heathrow is a joke!My sister has a senior position with BA,ive been in her office a no. of times and had access to things i shouldnt.She is a key holder and a no. of staff seem to know her whereabouts,address.mobile no. etc
    question – what’s to stop a committed terrorist/armed robber perpetrating a kidnap of an insider such as her and basically having free rein?Or a family member like me for that matter?

#21500 Reply

edofis
    Participant

By the sounds of it a commited terrorist wouden’t need to perpetrate a kidnap, it’s open house to anyone.
    It was good bit of investigtive reporting. Didn’t Sky smuggle knives onto a plane at heathrow sometime ago as well.
    You would have thought that after all the holes that have been exposed at Heathrow they would have tightened up their security.
    Probably put it on top of the hour for 8mins cos they were proud of their handiwork

#21501 Reply

Steven
    Participant

edofis+Dec 4 2004, 08:18 PM–>(edofis @ Dec 4 2004, 08:18 PM)
    By the sounds of it a commited terrorist wouden’t need to perpetrate a kidnap, it’s open house to anyone.
    It was good bit of investigtive reporting. Didn’t Sky smuggle knives onto a plane at heathrow sometime ago as well.
    You would have thought that after all the holes that have been exposed at Heathrow they would have tightened up their security.
    Probably put it on top of the hour for 8mins cos they were proud of their handiwork

It was an easyjet flight out of Switzerland, I believe.

No doubt they were proud of their handy-work. But it is not a news item!

#21502 Reply

edofis
    Participant

I couden’t remember which flight and airport it was. I stand corrected.
    I do agree with you that it’s not a news item, it was good reporting but it’s not what i would call real news.
    Ed

#21503 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

edofis+Dec 5 2004, 06:03 PM–>(edofis @ Dec 5 2004, 06:03 PM)
    …it was good reporting but it’s not what i would call real news.

As they say, if there’s no news, make some up…

#21504 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

Of course it is real news!

We would be the very ones to criticise them for rolling out packages that originated from a press release or whatever.

Here they have gone and carried out a great piece of investigative reporting and exposed a massive loophole in Britian’s (and indeed the world’s when you consider where planes were going) security against terrorism.

A great piece of news-making by SKY and well done to them.

Also I think we can expect a few more such investigative pieces – they chose not to identify the reporter who is working on other investigations at present.

#21505 Reply

AJ
    Participant

SkyFanIreland+Dec 6 2004, 01:14 AM–>(SkyFanIreland @ Dec 6 2004, 01:14 AM)
    Also I think we can expect a few more such investigative pieces – they chose not to identify the reporter who is working on other investigations at present.

Absolutely! They’re asking viewers for subjects to investigate – their email address is investigations@sky.com

Could make a good half hour primetime programme to rival watchdog! – Sky News Investigates

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Heathrow Security Exclusive
Your information: