Hizbollah TV

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Hizbollah TV

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stevo 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

skylark
    Participant
    #31906 Reply

skylark
    Participant

Maybe this is too Political for this site but it’s bugging me.

Is it just me or has Skynews sunk to a new depth when it is quoting a ‘Hizbollah TV’ as being a credible source for its coverage?

I’ve been somewhat concerned of late (with Tim Marshall especially), that the reporting has been very bias and that imotions have been getting in the way of facts. I have NO DOUBT, that propaganda plays a very big part in war, I expect more from SkyNews though.

Reporting during the Bosnian conflict was wholly one-sided but I thought we’d got over all this crap. Any thoughts.

#31907 Reply

Musey
    Participant

they weren’t quoting Hizollah tv – but the AP news agency i think it was were saying where they got it from. i presume once a news agency carries a story Sky then trust it. Rightly so i suppose.

and on to Sky’s supposed bias, I am slighly disappointed at the level of criticism Israel have received. Like you said, propaganda plays a huge part in a war, and it’s clear Israel are losing that war.

#31908 Reply

thegraphic
    Participant

Its not just sky, the BBC I’ve noticed are just as bad

#31909 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think Mr Galloway this morning disagrees that SKY are biased towards Hizbollah/anti israel.

Throughout this whole crisis people on both sides have accused both BBC/SKY of being biased towards one side or the other!

Does that mean that the reporting is actually to quote POX News ‘fair and balanced’.

#31910 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Whether quotes are from Hizbollah TV, the Israeli Goverment or even the White House, some of it is still propaganda. Fact! In any armed conflict, opposing sides always present events to the World as they themselves see it. Maybe with a bit of spin etc… but it doesn’t always make it wrong. (It doesn’t always make it right either!) The news media have to present those views and report on what the opposing sides are saying, as ignoring them would definitely bring an accusation of bias.

When anything is presented in the news that conflicts with our beliefs, we accuse that news media of showing bias. If Israel is perceived as being criticised, it probably deserves it at times, likewise Hizbollah, or any other terrorist organisation waging an armed conflict on it’s neigbours. As nobody in that middle-east mess is above criticism right now. Sky News, the BBC, ITN etc., report on the various happenings of the current conflict and use quotes from various sources, and the reporters on the ground give various opinions. It doesn’t make anyone 100% correct or incorrect. They’re just reporting events that they’ve seen, or what’s been reported on the wires. People will, and do, make their own mind up. I don’t notice any bias one way or the other in this current conflict. I’m not saying it’s definitely not there, just that I haven’t noticed it. But then again, I’m not looking for it either! But if the Sky News coverage bugs you, switch over to Sky One and watch the Simpsons!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Hizbollah TV
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register