Home Secretary Has Resigned.

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Home Secretary Has Resigned.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kev667 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

kev667
    Participant
    #21804 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Boulton’s inside the Home Office getting the interview. More soon.

#21805 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Wow – Kevin that was quick, you beat me too it… Sky are showing some very young pictures of David Blunkett

#21806 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Happened very quickly, watching BBC went from “he will resign in the next hour” to “he has resigned” at 6:02

#21807 Reply

kev667
    Participant

resigns due to ‘…it has become clear the HS received letter saying the nanny would have to wait 9months – he passed that onto an official’, which is improper.

..statement due soon.

Johnnie – I have just got back in but I heard Mark Mardell on PM saying he’s heard strong rumours that the resig will happen tonight.. ..after that it’s just a formality. ..I may have typed it before it actually happened..! but news24 were saying ‘has resigned’ before sky. …bbc just showed a live shot of blunkett about to give taped interview. …stand by!

#21808 Reply

kev667
    Participant

blunkett on news24 now.

‘..it turns out the system did fast track this application..’
    ‘..i may sometimes be too honest..’
    ‘..i did nothing wrong..’

Sky reading resignation statement now, 618pm.

SKY ARE SHOWING ANDREW MARR’S INTERVIEW. (??!?!??!!!) 6.20pm

‘..some people have called me arrogant over the last few days and yes I am..’

#21809 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Boulton made up for it with a live interview with Blunkett from the Home Office. The man was almost in tears, this is political drama of the highest order.. well, for a while anyway!

I like it when the ads, sport, weather and business disappears from Sky Hehe.

#21810 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jon Craig thinks Charles Clarke will replace David.

#21811 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Part of the ITV’s interview is ruined with the annoying distortion of a mobile signal. Eeeesh! Some one will get a bollocking for that!

#21812 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

There was mobile signal distortions on Adam’s interview with David.

#21813 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Charles Clarke is the new Home Secretary. Sky breaks, no word from BBC yet.

Blair: ‘Blunkett leaves govt with integrity intact’ ‘Is a force for good in British Politics’

#21814 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Oh – I’d forgotten all about those poor people still stuck on a hijacked bus in Greece.. …the Hijack Live screen is pretty worthless now its dark. ..but still, lets hope they get out ok..

#21815 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News Ireland: Shows a clip from the Boulton interview, and a ‘live’ with Glen O’Glaza in Westminster.

Sky News: Just shown pictures of Tony Blair leaving an event in london, Alex Rossi shouting questions, but nothing more from the PM tonight..

#21816 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

By the time he got round to doing the Channel 4 interview he looked pretty red eyed and voice was very trembling. Pretty emotional to watch really, not use to see a minister battling the tears.

#21817 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Ruth Kelly appointed education secretary.

Another great ‘Boulton’ moment, Vivien asked Adam a question, Adam replied with ‘I’m just being told something’ and walked out of shot’ Viv came back and said ‘Oh, we have just lost Adam’

#21818 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Is Charles Clarke as right wing as Blunkett? Any HS is obviously singing the TB tune on eg immigration (and playing to the anti immigrant/asylum hostile public) so his public stance on that is not entirely his ‘fault’. But he always looked like he sincerely believed it. The immigration policy now is more r-w than under Maggie.

What was the build up to this – was TB 100% behind Blunkett in the last few days? You know the old saying “you have to be 100% behind someone to stab them in the back”.

Oh well, Blunkett will no doubt get some good job elsewhere and very soon. Tell me about Clarke…

#21819 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Clarke is another one of Blair’s cabinet bruisers and was the guy who pushed through top-up fees during Blair’s last ‘week from hell’. He was seen as doing a good job there in consulting with Uni’s. MPs etc and getting it through.

He said this eve that he ‘strongly believes in ID cards’ and something similar to he aims to keep in step with all the policies of the govt at Home Office.

It seems like, EE, that he may well have survived the visa fasttracking – it’s just that he lost the love from his cabinet friends.. you can’t call them all weak, bullies, not developing etc without some recriminations. Tony, in the last couple of weeks has backed Blunkett 100%. At two PMQ’s and at the monthly press conference last monday. ..his judgement was called into doubt once again on C4news especially.

Michael Howard threw the book across the despatch box to Tony Blair today, literally – the Pollard book about Blunkett. If anyone gets a chance, look at the official in the wig, the left one of three – his face is a picture after the book is thrown!

ta
    kev

#21820 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

The only thing I can remember interestingly about Charles Clarke was that he had a similar moment where he slacked off half the cabinet at a private meeting with some journalist – whilst devoruing 2 giant pizzas at Pizza Express.

#21821 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Yet another major personality destroyed by our National (aka London) gutter press.
    They won’t be content until they have dismantled the very fabric of our society.

#21822 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Actually the press have treated Mr Blunkett pretty well considering what usually happens when they smell a sex scandel, it was kept underwraths for months. It only came out when the visa thing was revealed, and even then most of the press were sticking by him, believing he would tough it out. He definatly wasn’t hounded out like Stephen Byers and Mandelson. At the end of the day it was all his own making.

#21823 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

What did he do wrong?

#21824 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

It should be the organ grinder resigning not the Monkey.

#21825 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I’ve noticed that Sky have added David Blunkett to the end of their ’15 years of Sky News’ promo

#21826 Reply

kev667
    Participant

hehe, thats excellent. I did also notice on the day he resigned the first ad break was at 19.56, the first thing they showed after the 2hrs of blankett blunkett coverage was the 15 years of change ad. not an accident, i feel.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Home Secretary Has Resigned.
Your information: