Hot new presenter

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Hot new presenter

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Greeneyes 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JIMO96
    Participant
    #28815 Reply

JIMO96
    Participant

There was an attractive new female presenter putting in a lot of hours over the festive period. Her name is Paula Middlehurst, and, coincidentally there was a Paula Middlehurst who used to present at weekends- but she was dowdy, over-serious and very much a plain-Jane.

This other Paula Middlehurst bears no resemblance to the one I just described. She looks 10 years younger, has a sexy-chic shorter hairstyle, smiles (A LOT!), and exudes cheery confidence. And she wears short skirts.

Nice bit of recruiting by Sky, even if it is a little confusing for the viewer. Do you think they could employ a shy, charming, unassuming, non-pompous, likeable presenter called Kay Burley?

#28816 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

JIMO96+Jan 11 2006, 01:43 AM–>(JIMO96 @ Jan 11 2006, 01:43 AM)
    There was an attractive new female presenter putting in a lot of hours over the festive period. Her name is Paula Middlehurst, and, coincidentally there was a Paula Middlehurst who used to present at weekends- but she was dowdy, over-serious and very much a plain-Jane.

This other Paula Middlehurst bears no resemblance to the one I just described. She looks 10 years younger, has a sexy-chic shorter hairstyle, smiles (A LOT!), and exudes cheery confidence. And she wears short skirts.

Nice bit of recruiting by Sky, even if it is a little confusing for the viewer. Do you think they could employ a shy, charming, unassuming, non-pompous, likeable presenter called Kay Burley?

I thought Sky already had a charming, unassuming, non-pompous, likable presenter called Kay Burley..

#28817 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Johnnie+Jan 11 2006, 01:58 AM–>(Johnnie @ Jan 11 2006, 01:58 AM)

JIMO96+Jan 11 2006, 01:43 AM–>(JIMO96 @ Jan 11 2006, 01:43 AM)

I thought Sky already had a charming, unassuming, non-pompous, likable presenter called Kay Burley..

Paula middlehurst looks comical.

She shed some weight and then her credibility too , what news is she copying her new mannerisms and style from – Broken News ?

I’ve seen more dodgy power suits , budget face lifts and bad hair on sky than i ever did on Dynasty.

#28818 Reply

Musey
    Participant

i think Paula is one of Sky’s best presenters, and a pleasure to watch. What exactly is wrong with her ‘new mannerisms’ and style?

#28819 Reply

samico
    Participant

Musey+Jan 16 2006, 07:20 PM–>(Musey @ Jan 16 2006, 07:20 PM)
    i think Paula is one of Sky’s best presenters, and a pleasure to watch. What exactly is wrong with her ‘new mannerisms’ and style?

I agree. She is a very good and pleasnt presenter. She grew with her job.
    By the way, isn’t a way to discuss about a female presenter , without mentionning Kay Burley and making comparaisons with her.

#28820 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Musey+Jan 16 2006, 07:20 PM–>(Musey @ Jan 16 2006, 07:20 PM)

I thinks she’s putting it on and her presenting manner is unnatural. She was fine before as she was . Whats the point in pouting and giving smouldering looks , whats that got to do with the news.
    :huh:

#28821 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

she looks great and is improved and welcome back in my view

#28822 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

paula middlehurst is the most beautyfull news presenter on tv paul.

#28823 Reply

Framescourer
    Participant

Paula Middlehurst is likeable and efficient, but…

a shy, charming, unassuming, non-pompous, likeable presenter called Kay Burley?

!
    Kay Burley – the only news anchor that assumed the right to refer to George Best as ‘Georgie’ during coverage of his demise… and perhaps you missed this indefensibly pompous outburst last year!

#28824 Reply

Musey
    Participant

lol that was a funny read to be honest!

as for the georgie/george thing, well that’s how he was known by milions of people – Georgie, not George.

Thing that annoys me most about her though is she says ‘Pre-fare’ instead of ‘Prefer’. “Text us if you ‘prefare’ grrr lol.

Back on topic, Paula is sporting a new haircut today, and god damn doesn’t she look good!

She just gets better and better!

#28825 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Framescourer+Jan 21 2006, 11:11 AM–>(Framescourer @ Jan 21 2006, 11:11 AM)
    Paula Middlehurst is likeable and efficient, but…

a shy, charming, unassuming, non-pompous, likeable presenter called Kay Burley?

!
    Kay Burley – the only news anchor that assumed the right to refer to George Best as ‘Georgie’ during coverage of his demise… and perhaps you missed this indefensibly pompous outburst last year!

Not to forget the “if he had a chance would he have chosen to play for England” Mmm…not every Scot, Irish or Welsh citizen lies awake at night wishing they were from the devine country!

She really makes me want to do damage to my telly at times!!

#28826 Reply

Greeneyes
    Participant

Do you like her in when she wears her glasses?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Hot new presenter
Your information: