Hurricane Katrina

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Hurricane Katrina

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sammy 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

daved2424
    Participant
    #26590 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Refering to the 100 000 people still stuck in New Orleans yesterday: “Those people still there are the unlucky ones, I wouldn’t want to be stuck there right now” – FOX News 28/08.

After talking to a FOX News reporter: “If that’s what it’s like at the edge of the storm, imagine what it’s like at the eye of the storm” – Kay Burley 29/09.

Newscasting at it’s best from the Murdoch Empire

#26591 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

“[Mississippi] is known as the hospitality state, we’ve been so hospitable to people coming here [fleaing places such as New Orleans]” – Channel 12, Jackson & Mobile; Mississippi 29/08.

“Just get in your car and get out of there, even if you have nowhere to go” – FOX News 29/08.

Reporting from the coast in New Orleans several hours before Katrina hit: “There’s these crazy people out here surfing. Don’t they know there’s a hurricane coming? I guess he’ll use his surf board as some kind of flotation device” – FOX News 28/08.

#26592 Reply

HBox
    Participant

daved2424+Aug 29 2005, 03:25 PM–>(daved2424 @ Aug 29 2005, 03:25 PM)
    “[Mississippi] is known as the hospitality state, we’ve been so hospitable to people coming here [fleaing places such as New Orleans]” – Channel 12, Jackson & Mobile; Mississippi 29/08.

“Just get in your car and get out of there, even if you have nowhere to go” – FOX News 29/08.

Reporting from the coast in New Orleans several hours before Katrina hit: “There’s these crazy people out here surfing. Don’t they know there’s a hurricane coming? I guess he’ll use his surf board as some kind of flotation device” – FOX News 28/08.

Makes me laugh, but I shouldn’t be surprised by it though.

#26593 Reply

burleywarningsystem
    Participant

most of these don’t seem too bad to me though i liked the surfboard quote.

i remember the tsunami did call forth some excellent drivel, wish i had kept some of it.

#26594 Reply

sammy
    Participant

i heard the floods were caused by an iraqi suicide plumber !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Hurricane Katrina
Your information: