Hurricane Katrina

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Hurricane Katrina

This topic contains 42 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #26630 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Mark Austin is live in New Orleans tonight, although due to another storm there were a few problems with the live links.
    Mark Austin was set to present live from the scene, but ended up only doing one link to a report from Harry Smith. Mark will be back with a ‘live’ at 10:30pm

Robert Moore and Bill Neely are also in the U.S.

#26631 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Bill Turnbull presented today’s Six O Clock News live from Biloxi, Mississippi
    Jon Sopel is in Gulfport, Mississippi for BBC News 24
    Reporters in Louisiana and Mississippi include David Willis, Adam Brookes, Alastair Leithead, Matt Frei, James Coomarasamy and Daniel Lak

#26632 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

And for SKY News we have correspondents and FOX or CBS reporters.

Wonder if Kay or Jeremy will be deployed across there for this VERY VERY big story. Mark Austin has again proven how fantastic a journalist he is. His piece tonight was very good.

#26633 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Greg was in America today, which I think is a first.

Why aren’t they using Ian Woods, because I don’t think Greg gives the right effect for this type of story.

#26634 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Alastair Stewart’s in Washington

#26635 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

ITV News now also has Alastair Stewart reporting from Washington.

#26636 Reply

nuggetz
    Participant

yeh i agree ian woods is much better

#26637 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Martin Geissler is live in Washington for the 10:30.. I’m not sure if he was on the 6:30pm (I missed it)

#26638 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

Yes, Martin was there at 6.30 too.

Maybe Alastair’s on his way to the affected area?

#26639 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Kay Burley is now live in New Orleans.

#26640 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Alex Crawford is also reporting on package from the United States

#26641 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

as sky lad has been saying kay is in louisiana.

it is good to see a sky presenter on site.

well if she is as good as what she was when reporting from sri lanka – she will be doing well. this is her in her best role – on scene reporter/presenter.

is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway. matt frei, bill neely and mark austin seem to be in the heart of the city. the bbc’s ten o’clock news package was very good – emotive. there was a group of old ladies being transported – very upsetting. many of them died waiting on the bus to arrive. the heat seems to be unbearable. the stench of dead bodies must hang over many streets in the city and the surrounds.

think georgy porgey will manage to get out of this hole as well. who knows we might even see him get in the thick off it, and help feed and bring clothing and medical aid to the poor and stranded of New Orleans in the next few hours – being such a good christian.

#26642 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

scottish+Sep 2 2005, 11:14 PM–>(scottish @ Sep 2 2005, 11:14 PM)
    Alex Crawford is also reporting on package from the United States

Alex will probably be the main reporter for Five News. We’ll probably see her live on Five News over the weekend.

#26643 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

dirkyt+Sep 2 2005, 11:18 PM–>(dirkyt @ Sep 2 2005, 11:18 PM)
    is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway.?

It says she’s in New Orleans. I wonder if there is another presenter over there to share the work load, Julie Etchingham maybe has a presenter for five news.

#26644 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway.  matt frei, bill neely and mark austin seem to be in the heart of the city.

Kay said they’ve just arrived in New Orleans, so they probably just set up on the outskirts of the city
    They’ll probably move on after this live session.

#26645 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky Lad+Sep 2 2005, 11:29 PM–>(Sky Lad @ Sep 2 2005, 11:29 PM)

is she actually in new orleans – or is she north of the city’s causeway.?

It says she’s in New Orleans. I wonder if there is another presenter over there to share the work load, Julie Etchingham maybe has a presenter for five news.

Julie only worked 1-3pm yesterday, maybe they made plans to send Julie whist she was on air.

#26646 Reply

philg
    Participant

Kay is still live (midnight), she presented almost all of the last hour’s coverage, only cutting beck to London for the paper review. Apparently they took two days to get from London to New Orleans.

#26647 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Martin Stanford will present Sunrise live from America tomorrow.

#26648 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Kay Burley, Andrew Wilson, Greg Milam, Alex Crawford and Martin Stanford are all reporting and presenting from America over the next few days for Sky News.

#26649 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Kay is only on for 15 mins at the start of the hour.

Gordon takes it from there.

#26650 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Michelle Clifford is in Washington

#26651 Reply

burleywarningsystem
    Participant

Johnnie+Sep 2 2005, 11:04 PM–>(Johnnie @ Sep 2 2005, 11:04 PM)

And they thought it couldn’t get any worse…

#26652 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

burleywarningsystem+Sep 3 2005, 02:15 PM–>(burleywarningsystem @ Sep 3 2005, 02:15 PM)

Johnnie+Sep 2 2005, 11:04 PM–>(Johnnie @ Sep 2 2005, 11:04 PM)

And they thought it couldn’t get any worse…

As was said earlier in the thread

If she is as good as what she was when reporting from sri lanka – she will be doing well. this is her in her best role – on scene reporter/presenter.

I think she comes into her own in situations like this

#26653 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

i think sky news didn’t think much of katrina before it hit new orleans. they seemed to be using alot of cbs and fox’s coverage. with the tsunami in asia sky had jt on scene just two days after the nightmare. chris roberts, martin stanford, anna botting, jullie etchingham & peter sharp were amongst the quality staff there. thats why people tuned into sky news. now i’m watching fox for the coverage and its far better.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
Reply To: Hurricane Katrina
Your information: