I don't like it!

Forums Forums TV Newsroom I don't like it!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lone 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #34036 Reply

    News Mad
    Participant
    #34037 Reply

    News Mad
    Participant

    Image

    I really don’t like the new shift’s for the presenters, for example Anna should go back to presenting from 6 till 8pm instead of 9pm-12am, and Martin Stanford should go back to night time presenting.

    #34038 Reply

    Plexus
    Participant

    If you don’t like it why watch it ???

    Still, someone who lists their interests as

    ‘watching the news’ must be a saddo anyway!

    #34039 Reply

    Forum Member
    Participant

    My main criticism is not really with the presenters’ shifts, but with the disappearance of a substantial programme between 8 and 10pm. The previous programme, with Martin Stanford (or, just as capably when he was not available, Martin Popplewell), was thorough and thought-provoking. It also gave scope for involvement from viewers, via webcams, etc. – something which I thought Sky was keen to encourage. We now get the 15 minute cycle of repeated news: a very inadequate substitute and one which is bound to discourage longterm viewing.

    The actual scheduling of presenters seems to have improved. The tedious 6 hour shifts of Colin Brasier seem to be a thing of the past, giving scope for more appearances by the wealth of Sky talent who do not have a regular slot. (Martin Popplewell, Allan King, Paula Middlehurst, Lorna Dunkeley, Steve Dixon, etc)

    I cannot be alone in believing that any one of these five is more deserving of a regular, high-profile programme than the likes of Eamonn Holmes and Kay Burley, who are not only fairly ordinary as news presenters, but who also seem to put the advancement of their showbiz careers above their Sky duties.

    #34040 Reply

    bruce
    Participant

    I agree but only with eamonn holmes commment, he has to go, hes stale usless and boring and monotone. waste of sky news, and i feel they are not using all of the studio to its potential and WHERE HAS MARTIN STANDFORD GONE????

    #34041 Reply

    Lone
    Participant

    Plexus wrote:If you don’t like it why watch it ???
    Still, someone who lists their interests as
    ‘watching the news’ must be a saddo anyway!

    Agreed.

    #34042 Reply

    News Mad
    Participant

    Well what should i watch?

    It takes a SADDO to know a SADDO, you must be one!

    #34043 Reply

    Plexus
    Participant

    Thanks for that Lone!

    I was beginning to think I was the only sane one in the asylum!!

    #34044 Reply

    Plexus
    Participant

    News Mad wrote:Well what should i watch?
    It takes a SADDO to know a SADDO, you must be one!

    You want ME to tell YOU what to watch???

    And you dare to call me sad!!

    A wonderful modern invention is the SKY remote………

    try using it ( if it’s not too complicated for your obviously limited

    intelligence) and find a channel that does suit your tastes!!

    #34045 Reply

    Plexus
    Participant

    bruce wrote:I agree but only with eamonn holmes commment, he has to go, hes stale usless and boring and monotone. waste of sky news, and i feel they are not using all of the studio to its potential and WHERE HAS MARTIN STANDFORD GONE????

    Totally agree about Holmes….. he is more at ease on a sofa than behind a news desk!!!

    What sort of a contract did he negotiate with Sky??

    Seems like he needs a holiday every time there’s a vowel in the day of the week!!!

    #34046 Reply

    News Mad
    Participant

    Plexus wrote:

    News Mad wrote:Well what should i watch?
    It takes a SADDO to know a SADDO, you must be one!

    You want ME to tell YOU what to watch???
    And you dare to call me sad!!
    A wonderful modern invention is the SKY remote………
    try using it ( if it’s not too complicated for your obviously limited
    intelligence) and find a channel that does suit your tastes!!

    Ur nt better than no body, And if i didn’t knw how to use a remote how would i have found sky news..

    I SHALL CARRY ON WATCHING IT!

    #34047 Reply

    Plexus
    Participant

    News Mad wrote:

    Plexus wrote:

    News Mad wrote:Well what should i watch?
    It takes a SADDO to know a SADDO, you must be one!

    You want ME to tell YOU what to watch???
    And you dare to call me sad!!
    A wonderful modern invention is the SKY remote………
    try using it ( if it’s not too complicated for your obviously limited
    intelligence) and find a channel that does suit your tastes!!

    Ur nt better than no body, And if i didn’t knw how to use a remote how would i have found sky news..
    I SHALL CARRY ON WATCHING IT!

    Love the grammar News Mad!!

    They say if you give a dozen chimpanzees a Sky remote

    each, eventually one of them will find Sky News.

    It’s obviously worked!!!

    Have a nice day!

    #34048 Reply

    News Mad
    Participant

    Yes it has worked, are you done now?

    #34049 Reply

    Lone
    Participant

    Plexus wrote:Thanks for that Lone!
    I was beginning to think I was the only sane one in the asylum!!

    I, like many people, do watch the news, but can’t watch it for anymore then an hour at a time (max). Most of the time I tune in for the headlines at least every day, and if anything catches my interest I will watch that.

    However, I simply can’t watch the news for any prolonged period of time. And I sure as hell couldn’t care less about any presenter schedule.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: I don't like it!
Your information: