If You're Talking About It, We're Talking About It

Forums Forums TV Newsroom If You're Talking About It, We're Talking About It

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  RobUK 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

AJ
    Participant
    #16469 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I’m surprised that nobody has mentioned their new slogan already – sometimes pops up on the dicky ticker, sometimes said by the presenter, and I *think* I’ve seen an advert with it (but don’t hold me to that)

Seems very Eastenders-esque to me

#16470 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Its a rubbish slogan, sounds like something “The Sun” would use. I think “News channel of the year” is the best slogan you could have.

#16471 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

What about taking a page out of Sky News Australia:

“Australia’s premier news channel”.

Sky UK could have

“Europe’s premier news chanel”

Could be worse, the Seven Network used to have their news slogan as… “The best news 24/7”.

Perh

#16472 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

What about taking a page out of Sky News Australia:

“Australia’s premier news channel”.

Sky UK could have

“Europe’s premier news chanel”

Could be worse, the Seven Network used to have their news slogan as… “The best news 24/7”.

#16473 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I would not be surprised if it was a response to News 24’s and ITV News’s slogans:-

“If it happens, it happens here” – News 24

“Breaking News for Britain” – ITV News

#16474 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

They’re in big trouble if they’re talking about what I’m talking about

#16475 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I think as a catch phrase it’s pretty smart, it’s just not the right one for Sky News.

Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for the kind of media that deals in far more audience participation such as LBC?

#16476 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

I think as a catch phrase it’s pretty smart, it’s just not the right one for Sky News.  

Wouldn’t it be more appropriate for the kind of media that deals in far more audience participation such as LBC?

Yes the slogna would fit LBC very well wouldnt it. Sky dont do enough talking to the audience they allways give out the txt and e-mail but littlejohn is the only segment that regulary reads e-mails, apart from the guests in the morning.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: If You're Talking About It, We're Talking About It
Your information: