I'm suprised that no one has mentioned this

Forums Forums TV Newsroom I'm suprised that no one has mentioned this

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bbc World Fan 12 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HarryHayfield
    Participant
    #27045 Reply

HarryHayfield
    Participant

But with the departure of Peter “King of the Swingers” Snow from the election team, will it open the way for Sky News to take the place of the BBC as Election Central?

#27046 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

A great loss to election coverage. Snow always analysed the results and projections in such an excellent way so you didn’t have to.

As for Sky taking the central ground as an overall percentage instead of just on the news channels, where they outperformed both BBC News 24 and the ITV News Channel, this is highly unlikely. But you have to bear in mind that their coverage was simulcasted on BBC One, ITV1 and five last year too. They would have to overtake ITV first.

#27047 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I liked Peter Snow’s analytical and presentation style, still, the next election is at least four years off, so still some time for the Big 3 as such, to gather new strength.

#27048 Reply

kev667
    Participant

well, hold on a mo?!?!! did John Snow retire, or was he retired?

He’s 65, right.. so it must have been the BBC putting him out to graze.. He’ll be itching to come back and swing a swingometer again in 2009.. and Sky will be the place open to a 70 year old to come back to swing again!

ta
    kev

#27049 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

kev667+Oct 13 2005, 01:15 PM–>(kev667 @ Oct 13 2005, 01:15 PM)
    He’s 65, right.. so it must have been the BBC putting him out to graze..

No. Jimmy Young anyone?

#27050 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I live in Canada and I watched the election through BBC World. I thought that Peter Snow did a fantastic job, of letting everyone know the election results, and showing the ridings on a floor map. That’s too bad that he won’t be doing this anymore.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: I'm suprised that no one has mentioned this
Your information: