Invisionboard

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Invisionboard

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ross 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ross
    Participant
    #18114 Reply

Ross
    Participant

What was wrong with the phpbb2 board, Johnnie? I use them all the time – IMO they’re better, but – each to their own – I know.

I was just wondering why you changed?

Cheers,
    Ross

#18115 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I downloaded and installed phpbb back in January (Version 2.5) within days version 2.6 was out, so I upgraded now version 2.8 is released – The point i’m making is that phpbb is spending most of their time patching hacking holes within the software instead of making better versions of the software.

Upgrading (phpbb) was a nightmare because at least 50% of the phpbb forum were Mods where as with IBP all the mods are apart of the main software. (i,e Topic Desc, Quick reply, Separated categories, sub forums) everything you seen on the forums at the moment are standard features in IPB, the only thing i have changed is the Skin (design)

So when it comes to upgrading this forum it should be much easier then upgrading the phpbb.

#18116 Reply

Ross
    Participant

Johnnie+Jul 13 2004, 04:26 PM–>(Johnnie @ Jul 13 2004, 04:26 PM)
    The point i’m making is that phpbb is spending most of their time patching hacking holes within the software instead of making better versions of the software.

There are making a better version – v2.2 – which will probably be out later this year sometime. This will have most, if not all, of the features IPBs have, so maybe you could change back when that’s released…

And if they didn’t cover the security holes, you wouldn’t have a very secure forum, would you?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Invisionboard
Your information: