Iran

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sky.dub 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dustymoo
    Participant
    #29135 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

Yesterday, it was decided overwhelmingly to begin the process of attempting to starve the poor of Iran to death in the form of ?economic sanctions?. Just like we did to Iraq, and countless other countries before. Why? Well, put in layman terms, we?re allowed to have nuclear weapons, but they?re not. Because they are seen as a danger to world peace!!!!

Is it just me, but does that sound completely ridiculous? Seeing that it is America are the only country ever to launch a strike of it?s kind, breaking more human rights than any other country over the last 30 years, and are responsible for almost two thirds of worldwide conflicts currently?

It seems extreme, and a bit of a dream, but the ONLY hope for world peace is for the rest of the world to join together and turn on America. America is the world superpower, but they are nothing if the life loving world turns against them? I know it?s not as simple as that, of course. The honest loving Americans, our cousins, feel pretty much the same as we do.

I know I?m in a dream world. But what a lovely world?

#29136 Reply

Lee Smith
    Participant

dustymoo wrote:Yesterday, it was decided overwhelmingly to begin the process of attempting to starve the poor of Iran to death in the form of ?economic sanctions?. Just like we did to Iraq, and countless other countries before. Why? Well, put in layman terms, we?re allowed to have nuclear weapons, but they?re not. Because they are seen as a danger to world peace!!!!

Is it just me, but does that sound completely ridiculous? Seeing that it is America are the only country ever to launch a strike of it?s kind, breaking more human rights than any other country over the last 30 years, and are responsible for almost two thirds of worldwide conflicts currently?

It seems extreme, and a bit of a dream, but the ONLY hope for world peace is for the rest of the world to join together and turn on America. America is the world superpower, but they are nothing if the life loving world turns against them? I know it?s not as simple as that, of course. The honest loving Americans, our cousins, feel pretty much the same as we do.

I know I?m in a dream world. But what a lovely world?

Code: Select all
    You know Bush will invade Iran followed in tow by Tony Bliar.
    #29137 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Condoleezza Rice is asking the UN to consider Chapter 7 resolution against Iran, which may lead to War.

Chapter 7+–>(Chapter 7)
    Article 41
    The Security Council may decide what measures not involving the use of armed force are to be employed to give effect to its decisions, and it may call upon the Members of the United Nations to apply such measures. These may include complete or partial interruption of economic relations and of rail, sea, air, postal, telegraphic, radio, and other means of communication, and the severance of diplomatic relations.

Article 42
    Should the Security Council consider that measures provided for in Article 41 would be inadequate or have proved to be inadequate, it may take such action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security. Such action may include demonstrations, blockade, and other operations by air, sea, or land forces of Members of the United Nations.

Are there any UK Correpondents in Iran?

#29138 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

The BBC have a female correspondent in Tehran, Sky don’t i think. War is very unlikely, even sanctions look unlikely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Iran
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register