ITV NC coming off Freeview?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom ITV NC coming off Freeview?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

daved2424
    Participant
    #27040 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

ITV could drop News for lads channel

ITV is considering pulling the ITV News Channel off Freeview in a bid to keep lads channel Men and Motors on the digital terrestrial platform.

Senior executives at ITV are discussing plans, which could see the news service hauled off to allow Men and Motors, which is more likely to deliver profits, stay on Freeview when ITV4 launches.

ITV needs to make room for ITV4, because it only has five slots on the platform. These are currently all taken up with ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV News and Men and Motors.

Source: broadcastnow.co.uk

Who would miss it anyway?

#27041 Reply

Ornsack
    Participant

Yeah, I watch BBC News and Sky News a lot but can’t ever remember a time when I watched ITV News for more than a minute.

Every time I flick over it’s pre-recorded stuff anyhoo

#27042 Reply

HBox
    Participant

It isn’t really much of a loss if they do swap ITV News for ITV 4, news content will be around the same anyway.

#27043 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The ITV News Channel is so cheap and poorly run I don’t think anybody would miss it if it went off Freeview, compared to Sky News and BBC News 24 who do a much better job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ITV NC coming off Freeview?
Your information: