ITV NEWS V SKY NEWS

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom ITV NEWS V SKY NEWS

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  RobUK 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tellyguru
    Participant
    #16059 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Who thinks the ITV News wall makes Sky News video wall look dated?

#16060 Reply

fusionlad
    Participant

Not me.

Their wall isn’t real and looks shite.

#16061 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Not me.

Their wall isn’t real and looks shite.

Agreed. I like studios and newsrooms etc to be real – the videowall has that sort of traditional quality to it now. No matter how much you look at the ITV news studio it just looks…. fake and odd.

I really like Sky News’ studio at the moment – painted in my two favourite colours!

#16062 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Who thinks the ITV News wall makes Sky News video wall look dated?

Not me that’s for sure. The ITV News “wall” is crap! I don’t know how the Sky News wall can look dated, when the ITV one just looks pure shoddy by comparison.

#16063 Reply

kev667
    Participant

I agree on all fronts. ITV news is all round crap. Its rare that i’ll stop and even take a look at it when I’m flicking from sky to the beeb on freeview. It’s always showing bloody adverts when I turn over as well.

Their newswall, all in one, all around, virtual type thing is rubbish. I dont quite know why but seriously, it just doesn’t work. It’s probably technically quite good but it looks cheap and simple.. like they’re a two man outfit.. there’s no interaction, no sense of excitement.. no one rushing about in the background when something’s breaking.. …I think when the Saddam captured story was breaking, i turned over to it then…. ADVERTS! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#16064 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think the ITV set is looking extremely artificial, it’s obvious what they are trying to do (look modern). It just doesn’t work right – then again when their main presenters are nick owen and mark austin the set are the least of their worries!

#16065 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

I their is only one programe on ITV news channel that i watch which is US election weekley..something Sky could do better with their links with FOX and CBS..maybe we will see something simelar as the election approaches..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: ITV NEWS V SKY NEWS
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register