John Keogh

Forums Forums TV Newsroom John Keogh

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SkyFanIreland 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Steven
    Participant
    #16925 Reply

Steven
    Participant

A fella called John Keogh reported on people struggling to make a living from taxi-ing this evening (Thursday). I haven’t heard about this guy before, anybody else?

#16926 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

John Keogh is one of the news editors at Sky News Ireland. Prior to this he was news editor at the Dublin Radio station 98FM.

#16927 Reply

Steven
    Participant

That’s interesting. To my knowledge he was only voicing the package. Is this part of the plan, or are they finding that they are slightly under-staffed already?

#16928 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

Not sure they think so about the under-staffing, though I would have thought they were.

Anyway John Keogh supposedly holds the same position as Joe Walsh – eventhough Sky made an issue of issuing a press release about him and his deputy Sally O’Herlihy, though didn’t do the same as regards John Keogh.

My understanding is John and Joe would alternate to head up the shifts from 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.

Steve Bennedick is only around for launch and will be returning to London I presume in a few weeks.

#16929 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Well, thanks for that info. I supose that was probably part of the plan, to use the news editors on occasions. Sky UK probably do it too. Tim Friend only appears every now and then for example.

#16930 Reply

Whatever yo like
    Participant

Does John actually say the news from the studio?

Or is he just a reporter out and about?

Cheers

#16931 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

A reporter out and about;or maybe an editor to …not quite sure.

The presenters are Grainne Seoige on news and Lisa Burke(beamed from London) on weather!

#16932 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Does John actually say the news from the studio?

Or is he just a reporter out and about?

Cheers

Perhaps what you mean is does he voice-over the pictures or does he actually his the streets and do all the leg work.

If that is your question then the answer is that he only adds the ‘commentary’ as it were, to the pictures.

#16933 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

It was announced today that John is leaving Sky News Ireland to take up the position of ‘Director of News’ at the Dublin radio station, Newstalk106.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: John Keogh
Your information: