Jon Champion joins NBC as Premier League commentator

jon champion Image

Football commentator Jon Champion has joined NBC Sports.

Jon, who has called nine World Cups, including the 2022 event for ITV, will serve as the lead voice of Premier League matches in the high-profile Sunday 11.30am ET window (Super Sunday’s 4.30pm UK timeslot).

“I’m thrilled to join NBC Sports,” Jon said.

“I’ve been an avid viewer of their Premier League coverage whilst living in the U.S. for the past four years, so it is with great excitement that I return to calling the weekly drama of the world’s most exciting football competition.”

Jon began his broadcast career with BBC Radio in the 1980s, before working on the iconic “Match of the Day” show on BBC TV.

He has been calling Premier League matches since the competition’s inception in 1992 – first for the BBC, then at ITV, before joining Setanta Sports in 2007 and ESPN UK in 2009.

Peter Drury, who joined NBC Sports last season, will continue to call the Saturday 12.30pm ET matches on NBC and Peacock.

Posted by on Tuesday 18 July 2023
NFL Logo

Peacock will be the exclusive home of the NFL’s first-ever regular-season game in Brazil. It will take place in week

England Channe

Channel 4 will broadcast live International football this evening. England host Belgium in a friendly at Wembley Stadium, as Gareth

England on Channel  e

Channel 4 will broadcast the International friendly between England and Brazil this evening. The match will take place at Wembley

Copy link