Julie Etchingham

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Julie Etchingham

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jason1970
    Participant
    #35375 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

A Report in the Daily Mail Julie Etchingham is going to join Trevor McDonald on the new News At Ten when it starts at 10pm again

Here is the article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=489112&in_page_id=1770

#35376 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

The Times 30 October 2007

Sky says sorry over presenter?s gaffe on the Tories:

Sky News apologised yesterday after a presenter joked on air that the Conservatives favoured a policy of ?extermination? for immigrants.

Julie Etchingham?s humorous aside was broadcast accidentally during live coverage of David Cameron?s first significant speech on immigration.

Mr Cameron said: ?Let me outline the action that a Conservative government would take. As we have seen, some of the increase in population size results from natural change ? birth rates, death rates. Here our policy should be obvious . . . ?

At this point Ms Etchingham was heard to say ?extermination?.

Sky News apologised after the gaffe and said that Ms Etchingham?s comment was regrettable.

Ms Etchingham, a former BBC journalist, is leaving the broadcaster to co-present ITV?s resurrected News at Ten bulletin with Sir Trevor McDonald.

A Sky News spokesman said: ?A comment was made in the studio during David Cameron?s speech that was broadcast in error. The comment was not intended for broadcast. The off-the-cuff remark was regrettable.?

#35377 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I really dont see the big deal here. She only said what many of us may have been thinking. She was under the impression that her mic was off (as it should have been) and therefore was viewing the footage just like any one of us.

#35378 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Im with you, everyone seems to be making a big deal about it, when really it isnt.

#35379 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jason1970 wrote:A Report in the Daily Mail Julie Etchingham is going to join Trevor McDonald on the new News At Ten when it starts at 10pm again

I’ve heard that Julie is leaving at the end of November. Quite hard to believe that this iconic figure of Sky News is in her last 14 days with the company.

I wonder who’ll cover the 9-1pm slot throughout December? Colin Brazier? I guess it’s only for 3 weeks as Sky will be in Xmas coverage mode from about the 22nd December, then Demot will take the slot from 1st January ’08.

#35380 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #35381 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

any1 know why she was presenting sky news yesterday from 8pm till ten pm?

#35382 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Because she didnt do it in the morning

#35383 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

I suppose Julie has left sky now? Her name has been removed from the programme guide, and Chris Roberts presented yesterday.

#35384 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

markyboy26 wrote:I suppose Julie has left sky now? Her name has been removed from the programme guide, and Chris Roberts presented yesterday.

Julie left on Friday.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Julie Etchingham
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register