Juliette Foster

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Juliette Foster

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SSLuke 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

guvnorgaz
    Participant
    #31253 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I see Juliette has popped up on the BBC

#31254 Reply

Pete19
    Participant

Was she reporting or presenting?

#31255 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

presenting

#31256 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:presenting

Poor Simon McCoy, he cant seem to get rid of her

Maybe she will chase him back to Sky News, they could do with the makeover

#31257 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Sky will regret axing Juliette, in my opinion of course lol might not be shared, she has a very good and unique style with a broad knowledge especially in the economy and finance and was bubbly and fun on screen. I guess it remains to be seen if Sky’s cuts have damaged their reputation, we will see when the RTS News awards come around next year and Sky find they don’t have the News Channel of the Year award yet again. Sort it out Sky and stop palming is off with the likes of Lucy Alexander and Faye Barker who cant even make a compensation advert realistic let alone the news!

#31258 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

When was Juliette Foster on the BBC, was she presenting with Simon McCoy?

I agree, Sky shouldnt have let Juliette go, she was experienced and professional. Exactly the same with Vivien Creegor

I cant see Sky winning News Channel Of The Year if they are replacing experienced presenters with lightweight presenters such as Faye Barker. It would be interesting to see how she handles a major breaking news story

#31259 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Yes, that will be interesting to see! Not very well would be my guess.

#31260 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Newsrat wrote:(guvnorgaz @ Jul 16 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]15536[/snapback]

presenting

Poor Simon McCoy, he cant seem to get rid of her

Maybe she will chase him back to Sky News, they could do with the makeover

That would be great , simon on sky and juliette on News24.

I hope it works out for her, the bbc desperately need competent presenters who also have a personality.

thats just my opinion of course

#31261 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Robbbo wrote:When was Juliette Foster on the BBC, was she presenting with Simon McCoy?

I agree, Sky shouldnt have let Juliette go, she was experienced and professional. Exactly the same with Vivien Creegor

I cant see Sky winning News Channel Of The Year if they are replacing experienced presenters with lightweight presenters such as Faye Barker. It would be interesting to see how she handles a major breaking news story

She was presenting the business news on BBC World.

#31262 Reply

skylark
    Participant

I hope it works out for her, the bbc desperately need competent presenters who also have a personality.

thats just my opinion of course

So does Sky!!

#31263 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Juliette may have had her qualities, but she was never “bubbly and fun on screen.” At best, she never really suited Sky, and at worst, she was far too ‘serious’ and wooden at times.

Any more sightings of her on BBC World, or is she going to be one of those freelancers who pop up from place to place from now on?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Juliette Foster
Your information: