Karin Giannone on News 24

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Karin Giannone on News 24

This topic contains 66 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  crazyfj 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Lindsay
    Participant
    #23798 Reply

Lindsay
    Participant

Karin Giannone is on BBC News 24 this morning.

#23799 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

Having seen her on News 24 quite a few times now, I think Karin is better suited to the BBC’s authorative style of reporting than that of Sky News.

#23800 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

:ph34r:

Maybe she was underpaid at Sky, so she’s moved on BBC.
    another hypothesis is she wasn’t in adequation with sky’s political view and journalistic orientation.

#23801 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Whatever the reason is it’s good that she is back on tv presenting the news. I just hope before long that she goes the same way that Anjali Rao did and she starts presenting the news during the day instead of getting confined to the nightshift. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#23802 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Lindsay+Mar 5 2005, 02:03 AM–>(Lindsay @ Mar 5 2005, 02:03 AM)

Very early this morning, are they going to keep her hidden away in the darkest hours when no one is watching.

Her presentation style is good but she repeats her name a lot , as if she’s sick of hearing it mispronounced . Also when she says her name and reminds us which channel were watching she gives a really soppy smile. Makes you look a bit silly Karin.

#23803 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

It isn’t a problem for me :
    I am on medication for the same illness ( plus in my case the fact that I’m full of myself ) and she can share her silliness with me whenever she wants.

A desperado never die ! :ph34r:

#23804 Reply

Hello
    Participant

There is a rumour going round that Karin has started doing day shifts at the BBC.

#23805 Reply

jimbo1975
    Participant

I have seen her on bbc news 24 today at lunch time. I dont know weather it is just a Sunday/weekend thing or a permanent thin

#23806 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

skyspy+Mar 6 2005, 12:02 AM–>(skyspy @ Mar 6 2005, 12:02 AM)

Lindsay+Mar 5 2005, 02:03 AM–>(Lindsay @ Mar 5 2005, 02:03 AM)

Her presentation style is good but she repeats her name a lot, as if she’s sick of hearing it mispronounced .

She repeats her name because that’s part of station policy, I’ve seen Deborah Mackenzie do the same.

#23807 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

Her presentation style is good but she repeats her name a lot, as if she’s sick of hearing it mispronounced .

She repeats her name because that’s part of station policy, I’ve seen Deborah Mackenzie do the same.

#23808 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

:ph34r:

She’s beautiful…

#23809 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

I have the impression that I’ve got some bugs in the processor :
    I always repeat the same things all the time,
    It isn’t disturbing and repulsive, I hope.

#23810 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

I feel so lonely that I wanna reply to my own posts.
    Karin is gone to a remote place called the BBC, odder than Cornwall or wales.
    I take it as a betrayal towards Sky news addicts or others loonies like me.
    Who’s in charge of doing the press review in the night, Kevin Owen….
    No, I like him but he hasn’t enough class to do it the way she did.
    She’s gone for certain, and she’s taken all my hopes with, bringing them to an ocean of blindness.
    All the babes and totties in front pages won’t have the same ingenuousness and charm.
    The day she left, it was maybe a great day for you brits, but it was a very sad one for me : I’m obliged to subscribe PENTHOUSE now. B)

#23811 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

oh there there wolverine , thats a sad thing. Cant you see the BBC news then ?
    If there was a way to post pictures on here I could stick up some of Ms G.

wolverine+Mar 17 2005, 12:10 AM–>(wolverine @ Mar 17 2005, 12:10 AM)
    😮

I feel so lonely that I wanna reply to my own posts.
    Karin is gone to a remote place called the BBC,  odder than Cornwall or wales.
    I take it as a betrayal towards Sky news addicts or others loonies like me.
    B)

#23812 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

skyspy+Mar 17 2005, 01:13 AM–>(skyspy @ Mar 17 2005, 01:13 AM)

There is a way!

#23813 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

:unsure:

But what is this way ?
    Tell me please, I’m able to kill to know it !
    Scanman, is it Scanman ? Don’t trust his lies, get it, never trust him !

Maybe I’m overplaying, but as you know, I’m on the verge of falling and forgetting myself : to forget oneself, isn’t it the worst thing that could happen to a Man ?

1, 2, 3….. Time is ticking, it’s your turn to give me a hand….

#23814 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

AnjaliWOW+Mar 19 2005, 07:22 PM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Mar 19 2005, 07:22 PM)

skyspy+Mar 17 2005, 01:13 AM–>(skyspy @ Mar 17 2005, 01:13 AM)

There is a way!

Share your secret with us please anjaliwow. I ‘d like to know how to do that.

#23815 Reply

Hello
    Participant

I see Karin was on news24 on sunday night about 6pm. Anjali Rao was on channel 5 reading the news at the same time. The agony of choice over who to watch.

#23816 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Is BBC news24 a UK only operation or can it be seen overseas in the same way skynews is? <_< <_<

#23817 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Hello+Mar 21 2005, 08:15 PM–>(Hello @ Mar 21 2005, 08:15 PM)
    I see Karin was on news24 on sunday night about 6pm.  Anjali Rao was on channel 5 reading the news at the same time.  The agony of choice over who to watch.

I didnt see her. Its a bit annoying that N24 keep putting her on at different times .
    Shes either on early in the morning or its anyones guess when she ‘ll be working.

Typical BBC , they should have a text alert to tell us when she’s presenting.

#23818 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Image of KG

#23819 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

Hello+Mar 21 2005, 10:52 PM–>(Hello @ Mar 21 2005, 10:52 PM)
    Is BBC news24 a UK only operation or can it be seen overseas in the same way skynews is? 

As far as I know BBC news24 and BBC world share a service from 1-6am, so it should be possible on occasions to see Karin from overseas.

#23820 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

Isn’t it funny that there were never half as many posts about karin on this forum when she actually worked for sky news. “don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you’ve got til its gone.”

#23821 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Personally I think that photo above of Karin says it all. Maybe it’s just me but I find she comes alive when she smiles. The more positive she looks the more confident she is on tv. It’s definitely time for Karin to get a chance to read the news on more prime time spots across the BBC network, in the same way that Anjali Rao is getting when she is reading the news on channel 5. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
Reply To: Karin Giannone on News 24
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register