Kay Burley

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kay Burley

This topic contains 23 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

NEWSBOY2
    Participant
    #22306 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

She seems to have recovered and is once again sounding sickly sweet with the tourists on the beach. Now resembling Judith Charmers I think. Couldn’t bear it when she started talking gooey with the kid.

#22307 Reply

sammy
    Participant

i’ve often wondered if kay has had a nose job , she looked different in her days with tvam 30 years ago.

#22308 Reply

I love kay
    Participant

I just love her so much.

Mark is a very lucky man to have her next to him all afternoon

#22309 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Like someone has already said TV Am started in 1983, so it can’t be 30 years old. Yeah probably had the works. Be impressive if she can stay on at Sky till her 50s if she wants to, bearing in mind most female anchors seem to disappear before they reach that age.

#22310 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Her package was bollocks too. All that rubbish about “daddy being here to protect you” I almost spewed. Wow the “surfer” still likes surfing, big deal.

#22311 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

Why is there utter contempt for Kay going on? It seems that a lot of people have deep issues with her! I don’t see why people have issues with her, OK she’s not the best anchor that Sky News have, but no-one is totally perfect!

#22312 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

It?s because she seems so fake and sounds patronising, especially when interviewing, and of course exploits that sexiness in an inappropriate manner for news.

#22313 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

God, the poor woman can’t do anything without somebody trying to slam her for it… just admit it – you have a grudge against Kay that cannot be removed no matter what she does…

#22314 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I don’t have a grudge, I just find her annoying like many seem to.

#22315 Reply

Jordan
    Participant

Why does Kay Burley get all the big stories, Allan King is one of the best presenters.

#22316 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Just joined and first post. So do the majority of folk dislike Kay and if so why?
    Yeah, 100% nose job and yeah the reports from the beach weren’t great and stank of set up beforehand with some bad “human interest” sides to the report done in a patronising manner. Yeah, she looks like she’s loving her holiday rather than reporting the greatest natural disaster of recent times but I like her. Though reading over that it probably doesn’t seem so!

#22317 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I don’t have a grudge, I just find her annoying like many seem to.

Yes of course, like the way I find Pat Kenny annoying. This is a bit of a grudge that can’t be removed. So, wether Kay is presenting from Thailand to Planet Pluto, you’ll still find her annoying. This is not just a once off.

#22318 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Kay is one of those you love or hate…no in between.

I have made my feelings quite clear in the past, its nothing personal I dont know the woman BUT my opinions on her presenting/style etc has only been reinforced by her latest stint in the far east.

This is a woman who feels that she is far bigger than the news, I think Sky would do better shifting her elsewhere and letting the presenters such as Anjali etc have a far bigger spell.

Jeremy Thompson is his usual excellent self…letting the news control the style. He accurately presents the mood brilliantly, so does Martin and Julie.

#22319 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Yeah I agree, I like how the media guardian’s monkey refers to her as the “first lady of sky news”.

#22320 Reply

syntrak
    Participant

But I bet Kay makes a good Sunday roast !! Not to mention a great fried breakfast….

Look she’s an ex Asda checkout girl – what do you expect ?

#22321 Reply

manson
    Participant

Personally i like kay, allthough i seem to be in the minority here.The fact that she has been on sky news since its launch means she must be pretty good at her job otherwise wouldn’t she have been let go a long time ago?.

#22322 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Look she’s an ex Asda checkout girl

– Oh I see

But I bet Kay makes a good Sunday roast !! Not to mention a great fried breakfast

— Is she single?

Personally i like kay, allthough i seem to be in the minority here

I like her too

I have made my feelings quite clear in the past, its nothing personal I dont know the woman BUT my opinions on her presenting/style etc has only been reinforced by her latest stint in the far east.

Happy New Year Charlie

#22323 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

charliefhead+Jan 6 2005, 06:38 PM–>(charliefhead @ Jan 6 2005, 06:38 PM)

……like Marmite?!?

#22324 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Just like Marmite….lol

Happy & safe New Year Mr Byrne

#22325 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

Kay should be re-named Miss Marmite, then. From henceforth, skynewsforums.co.uk shall refer to Kay Burley as Miss Marmite! haha

#22326 Reply

me
    Participant

[COLOR=red]

charliefhead+Jan 6 2005, 07:38 PM–>(charliefhead @ Jan 6 2005, 07:38 PM)
    I agree

This is a woman who feels that she is far bigger than the news.
    I remember hearing her say that when Princess Diana was killed and even though it was her day off she phoned in to work to ask if she was “needed” To me she was implying that no one else could do it as well as her!

Jeremy Thompson is his usual excellent self…letting the news control the style. He accurately presents the mood brilliantly, so does Martin and Julie.
    I agree

I don’t like her

#22327 Reply

syntrak
    Participant

I like Miss Marmite alot actually and would give anything for a night with her…

At least I am honest !!!

Do you reckon she is a “thong girl” or regular ?? I reckon regular…thongs at the weekend…

Other TV favourites ? Carol Vorderman & Carol Smillie – both definite thong girls.

#22328 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Oh, dear, I see Kay’s dignity has been reduced to nil by some of the comments in this thread.

That aside, I do agree with the Marmite thing though, I was just thinking that the other night. Then I saw it on this thread.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Kay Burley
Your information: