Kay Burley

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kay Burley

This topic contains 26 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  teecee 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Liam
    Participant
    #23904 Reply

Liam
    Participant

must say Kay gets better looking all the time,stunning at newswall Mon.
    nice one Kay,loved the outfit

#23905 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

B)

I used to enjoy watching her before starting to watch Naked news.
    How to say….outfits are less cumbersome.

#23906 Reply

edofis
    Participant

naked news?

#23907 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

You have never heard of Naked news.

It’s a channel where presenters, as they read the news, get naked all along the programme.

It enables viewers to have a different look on newsreel….Instructive could characterize this programme the best.

#23908 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Ive never heard of Naked News either…what channel is that on?

Kay wearing a skirt today, looks great, she should wear it more!

#23909 Reply

Liam
    Participant

yes! i noticed!!!
    Most becoming,that which is rare is wonderful!
    Good on ya Kay,still got it!!!!

#23910 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

perverts

#23911 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hello, I’m new here and it’s great to see that there are some more Kay Burley fans around! I think, she’s still the best!

#23912 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

Welcome to the board Anna.

Just to let you know, if you spend time hear you will gather, Im not actually Kay’s biggest fan…..only from a presentational point of view!

Hope you enjoy the forum!

#23913 Reply

jimbo1975
    Participant

wolverine+Mar 8 2005, 07:05 PM–>(wolverine @ Mar 8 2005, 07:05 PM)
    B)

I used to enjoy watching her before starting to watch Naked news.
    How to say….outfits are less cumbersome.

Hey Wolverine

Is this the naked news you were talking about?

http://www.nakednews.com

#23914 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

jimbo1975+Mar 10 2005, 04:03 PM–>(jimbo1975 @ Mar 10 2005, 04:03 PM)
    Is this the naked news you were talking about?

http://www.nakednews.com

hahahahah, they have male edition too,…..

#23915 Reply

edofis
    Participant

Must be hell deciding which outfit not to wear

#23916 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

WHERE DO THEY STICK THEIR MICROPHONES???? :unsure:

THE TECHNICAL IMPLICATIONS MUST BE A HEADACHE!! :blink:

#23917 Reply

edofis
    Participant

Btw Wolverine…
    The bloke says..Thanks for the link.

#23918 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

charliefhead+Mar 10 2005, 08:23 AM–>(charliefhead @ Mar 10 2005, 08:23 AM)
    Just to let you know, if you spend time hear you will gather, Im not actually Kay’s biggest fan…..only from a presentational point of view!

Thanks, charlie!
    …only from a presentational point of view? Why? Well, it’s not that I know her personally, but I guess she would be someone nice and interesting to talk to. Actually there’s no Sky News presenter I find is annoying – though I’ve read other opinions on that in other threads.

#23919 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

Kay is on the red carpet since 4 pm. and she is great.She was so excited to talk to George Clooney,after it she was almost shaking.

#23920 Reply

Musey
    Participant

yeah i think she did well with the bafta coverage. she had the right mix of good presenting and genuine excitement to be there i thought.

#23921 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

Saw this in the guardian
    “The search for the stupidest red carpet question ever asked could sustain us from now until the end of time, but as we may as well begin somewhere do cast your minds back to last month’s Baftas, to which Sky dispatched their answer to everything, Kay Burley, to accost celebrities on their way in.

Always mesmeric in a live situation – “if you’re just joining us,” she greeted viewers breathlessly on September 11 2001, “the entire eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack” – Kay hit her stride the second she collared Crash director Paul Haggis. “It’s a great movie,” she squawked. “I haven’t seen it.”

I’m not sure I can bring myself to relive the George Clooney interview, by which point Kay had ceased even attempting to hide the sheets of crib notes provided by a soft-hearted producer. Thus it was that viewers were treated to the excruciatingly amusing spectacle of Jake Gyllenhaal peering at them, and – upon discovering that the name of a foreign director had been spelt phonetically so she couldn’t cock it up – coaching her patiently in the correct pronunciation. Live on air.

An estimated seven viewers were not watching from behind a cushion by the time she hailed actor Peter Sallis as “the voice of Wallace and Gromit”. “Actually Gromit doesn’t have a voice,” he said. “He doesn’t even have a mouth.”

Yet Kay does. Isn’t anatomy unfair?”

No further comment needed – or?
    I just wonder when little miss fatlegs is going to wake up to fact that she ain’t very good.

#23922 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

lakewood wrote:Saw this in the guardian
    “The search for the stupidest red carpet question ever asked could sustain us from now until the end of time, but as we may as well begin somewhere do cast your minds back to last month’s Baftas, to which Sky dispatched their answer to everything, Kay Burley, to accost celebrities on their way in.

Always mesmeric in a live situation – “if you’re just joining us,” she greeted viewers breathlessly on September 11 2001, “the entire eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack” – Kay hit her stride the second she collared Crash director Paul Haggis. “It’s a great movie,” she squawked. “I haven’t seen it.”

I’m not sure I can bring myself to relive the George Clooney interview, by which point Kay had ceased even attempting to hide the sheets of crib notes provided by a soft-hearted producer. Thus it was that viewers were treated to the excruciatingly amusing spectacle of Jake Gyllenhaal peering at them, and – upon discovering that the name of a foreign director had been spelt phonetically so she couldn’t cock it up – coaching her patiently in the correct pronunciation. Live on air.

An estimated seven viewers were not watching from behind a cushion by the time she hailed actor Peter Sallis as “the voice of Wallace and Gromit”. “Actually Gromit doesn’t have a voice,” he said. “He doesn’t even have a mouth.”

Yet Kay does. Isn’t anatomy unfair?”

No further comment needed – or?
    I just wonder when little miss fatlegs is going to wake up to fact that she ain’t very good.

LOL…love it..do you have a link to the full article?

#23923 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

LoL, I would like to see the rest of the article as well. Any chance of you posting the link lakewood?

#23924 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote:LoL, I would like to see the rest of the article as well. Any chance of you posting the link lakewood?

lakewood wrote:(jonn0boy @ Mar 4 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]13574[/snapback]

LoL, I would like to see the rest of the article as well. Any chance of you posting the link lakewood?

The link is http://arts.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1723362,00.html
    but if that doesn’t work just do a search on Burley on the Guardian site –

#23925 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

“The news at 12 will be Sky News with a twist” says Kay Burley in her promotion ad. She qualifies this by saying that she will be covering the major story of the day as well as focusing on human interest stories. Lol where is this “twist”…all Sky News programmes operate under that premise!

#23926 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

“The news at 12 will be Sky News with a twist” says Kay Burley in her promotion ad. She qualifies this by saying that she will be covering the major story of the day as well as focusing on human interest stories. Lol where is this “twist”…all Sky News programmes operate under that premise!

The “twist” is, that there is no twist!!!

#23927 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News Panel are carrying out a survey about Lunchtime Live.

Lunchtime Live with Kay Burley is on Sky News between 12-2pm each weekday, providing comment and analysis on all the day’s breaking news stories, and we would like to get you involved in what we’re covering.

We’d like you to share your opinions on the programme by completing the short survey below.

This survey should take no more than a few minutes to complete. To participate in this survey, please click on the link below:

http://www.skynewspanel.com/index/828946376/8gpBYP3qb7l2IpM/

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Kay Burley
Your information: