Kay Burley joins Five News

Channel  News Election

Sky News presenter Kay Burley is to join Five News this summer, it has been announced.

Burley, who will continue to anchor her Lunchtime Live programme each weekday, will also present Five’s 5.30pm bulletins five days a week as a stand-in for Kirsty Young, who is currently on maternity leave. Five’s existing presenting team will present the 7pm bulletin and evening updates.

Burley replaces John Suchet in July and August who is taking a summer break but will return to Five in September until Kirsty Young returns.

“What a treat – I’m very lucky,” said Burley.

“Not only am I able to carry on with my Lunchtime Live programme but I’m also very much looking forward to meeting a whole new group of viewers on Five News.”

At Five she will become a regular face alongside John Suchet, Helen Fospero, Kate Gerbeau and Priya Kaur-Jones.

Posted by on Friday 26 May 2006
Posted in
Kay Burley on Michael McIntyre's The Wheel 1

Sky News presenter Kay Burley took part on Michael McIntyre’s BBC One show, The Wheel, on 2nd March 2024. Contestants

Breakfast with Kay Burley - Sky News Promo

Sky News Breakfast will unveil a new look on Monday 15th January 2024. The programme will come from the newsroom

Breakfast with Kay Burley - Sky News Promo

Breakfast with Kay Burley – Sky News Promo 2024