Kerry Iraq comments: was he talking about Bush?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kerry Iraq comments: was he talking about Bush?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lone 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jk80
    Participant
    #32732 Reply

jk80
    Participant

Just noticed the Sky story about Kerry saying that those who didn’t study “end up in Iraq” and Bush’s subsequent demand of an apology to the insulted heroes serving in Iraq. Couldn’t Kerry have been talking metaphorically about Bush, about how if you didn’t study you could go to Iraq since that is what Bush did?

#32733 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I think that is a more than valid interpretation and it may well be close to the truth. Who knows.

#32734 Reply

Lone
    Participant

jk80 wrote:Just noticed the Sky story about Kerry saying that those who didn’t study “end up in Iraq” and Bush’s subsequent demand of an apology to the insulted heroes serving in Iraq. Couldn’t Kerry have been talking metaphorically about Bush, about how if you didn’t study you could go to Iraq since that is what Bush did?

It’s certainly possible IMHO. And even if it isn’t, I don’t think Kerry is wrong in saying that. No smart person, not even an American, would want to go to Iraq, and most, if not all American’s serving in Iraq want to get out of there. Only Bush and his friends would argue otherwise.

The irony is this might be a turning point for the elections. Funny, last time round when it seemed Bush was in trouble election time, one of his enemies, Osama Bin Ladin, turned up and inadvertantly influenced public opinion on Bush. This time, once again another enemy of Bush turns up inadvertantly twists thing in the Republican’s favour.

Anyway, back to the original point, I don’t think Kerry has any reason to apologise whatsoever.

[Lone]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Kerry Iraq comments: was he talking about Bush?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register