Kevin Bakhurst: Sky staff interested in joining the BBC

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kevin Bakhurst: Sky staff interested in joining the BBC

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  crazyfj 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #33665 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Bakhurst then said Sky’s morale was low and some staff were interested in joining the BBC.

"I spent a fair amount of time talking to the Sky News team at the dinner last night and they are very open about the damage that the Freeview decision could have on them. Many of them are very upset also about the way they have been treated by BSkyB: James Murdoch is visiting them today to try to explain the decision.

"And quite a few senior and prominent people there are still interested in coming here!"

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/s … 64,00.html

#33666 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Is that serious, or just sour grapes on his behalf following News24 losing out?

The

"And quite a few senior and prominent people there are still interested in coming here!"

part?

Although one can understand given the freeview decision…..

#33667 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

i can understand why, in the last few months they have got rid of key shows, reduced key presenters to weekends.

production staff have been reduced and they have introduced the news every 15 mins at weekends and nights.

i would be worried who and what is next.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Kevin Bakhurst: Sky staff interested in joining the BBC
Your information: