Kevin Owen

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kevin Owen

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Robbbo
    Participant
    #19118 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

Apparantly Kevin Owen has left Channel Television where he presented the nightly regional news

Is he now working more at Sky? I noticed he worked 2 nights Fri/ Sat last week and Ive only ever known him present occasional Saturday nights before

#19119 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Great to see Kevin Owen doing more daytime shifts this week. I see he was on 20.00-00.00 on Monday and Tuesday and is on with David Foster today(Sunday 11.00-16.00). Kevin seems wasted on the overnight shifts as he is IMHO an excellent presenter. Maybe we’ll see more of him on daytimes with the relaunch.

#19120 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

I don’t understand this decision !
    I used to enjoy watching Kevin all night long, alone, handling the job as a king masters his crown.

#19121 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Kevin’s an awesome presenter. I think he would be great on the weekends perhaps. No disrespect to him but he’s not as established as the regular weekday presenters.

Not to off topic, but if he was co-presenting with David Foster 11-4 that means that David was working pretty much a 10 hour shift. I saw him on Sunrise earlier. I bet he was relieved when his shift was finished! :blink:

#19122 Reply

topbird
    Participant

I wish Kevin well in all that he does as he is a great guy, very friendly, and a very helpful person.

He needs a lot more praise, and think he should go onto daytime slots than nights. Does anyone know how to get in contact with him via e-mail?

#19123 Reply

HBox
    Participant

kevin.owen@bskyb.com

Same applies to all Sky presenters, just substitute their names.

#19124 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Good to see Kevin on Sunrise with Anjali this morning.

#19125 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Well, it was good to Anjali anyway. Not too bothered about Kevin I have to say.

#19126 Reply

topbird
    Participant

Thanks for the post guys but unfortunately have not had a reply from the chap
    Besides he knows me anyhow – just mention the girl from Cardiff (cant mention my name ) and he will have an idea.

H Box I presume you must be a man – if you like Anjali. As long as both of them enjoy presenting and they both come across as good presenters – then who cares whos better than who. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the e-mail of trying/sending. Guess these presenters are busy

#19127 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hi Girls…oh and guys too!

I’m really suprised there isn’t a Kevin Owen AS he is fantastic! Ok I am probably biased because he is acutie. He really helped ease the sleepless nights when I was pregnant last year…lol Hope the hubby doesn’t read this! :rolleyes:

Anyways what do ya’s reckon, should we start an AS for Kevin!

Lou

B)

#19128 Reply

sammy
    Participant

i reckon we shud start an AS 4 u lou
    wots an AS lol
    n dont worry i wont tell the old man if u dont lol !

#19129 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

helo there from Cardiff, great site!!! one of the best around

my questions is:

I notice that Kevin Owen (who was on BBC Wales afew years ago) is on Sky sometimes, and then other times I`ve heard him on BBC world service radio

How is it possible to work for two “rivals” ???

cheers, ioan

#19130 Reply

hamishnewhouse
    Participant

He could be freelance?!? Not sure if he is but it would explane it!

#19131 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Ok, Kevin is my all time favourite presenter, he has personality and style so where the hell is he? I have not seen him for weeks! I hope to God he hasn’t gone down South (I’m in Liverpool!)

I heard he was on the weekend shift and also the night shift. He really should be on in the day he is great!

Also Gordon Radley has grown on me a lot, I wasn’t sure at first as I didn’t like him doing the overnight instead of Kevin but he is better than Michael Watkins who just has no personality whatsoever! Bring back Gordon and tell me where’s Kevin?

Ta muchly!

Lou

#19132 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Kevin is a freelance presenter, is my guess as he is presenting on another News (regional) station, of which I cannot name, as I do not know it.

Yes bring back GR

#19133 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Kevin is a freelance presenter, is my guess as he is presenting on another News (regional) station, of which I cannot name, as I do not know it.

Yes bring back GR

He’s been working on ITV1 West, presenting their regional Sunday program: The Sunday Roast.

I’m on the Radley Return Wagon. We need his charisma to carry us through the nights. Bring back Gordon!

#19134 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys!

We should start a petition to bring back Gordon, either that or send lots of emails to sky about it!

Lou

#19135 Reply

topbird
    Participant

Maybe hes relaxing Think not!!

He did broadcast previously in Wales and other regions. As I am welsh – I know.

I agree with you, Kevin is a good presenter, has a great personality, has wit, and also a good sense of humour. Don’t go on this site much, but this is true.

But if he ever interviews Jude Law :rolleyes: can I go to interview him?

#19136 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Kevin is very unwell tonight. Seems to have a cold.

#19137 Reply

mainhill
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys!

We should start a petition to bring back Gordon, either that or send lots of emails to sky about it!

Lou

Really, let’s start a petition. This is turning into NIGHTmare on Sky. Who can write intellegent text?

#19138 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

Does anyone else agree that Kevin Owen is an excellent news presenter?

#19139 Reply

scomick
    Participant

yeah, you are right, Kevin Owen is a good presenter. I am from Italy and I can say that even if English is not my monther tongue I understand his news. He’s great. GO ON KEVIN !!! oh, he’s welsh, can anybody tell me where is he from, please? I’ve been to Wales before and visiting relatives after Christmas. Thank You. I also like the relaunch !!! (as I work in the news I can say they’re doing an excellent job) !!!
    mike

#19140 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Does anyone else agree that Kevin Owen is an excellent news presenter?

Has recently been a regular newsreader/continuity announcer on the overnight BBC Radio World Service.

Cheers
    Robt P.

#19141 Reply

scomick
    Participant

monther = mother
    spelling mistake, sorry

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Kevin Owen
Your information: