Kimberly Dozier seriously injured

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Kimberly Dozier seriously injured

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DDP 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #30248 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Two London-based members of the CBS News team, veteran cameraman Paul Douglas, 48, and soundman James Brolan, 42, were killed and correspondent Kimberly Dozier, 39, was seriously injured Monday when the Baghdad military unit in which they were imbedded was attacked. They were reporting on patrol with the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, when their convoy was struck by an improvised explosive device (IED).

Story from CNN.com

A day after being critically wounded in a roadside bomb attack, CBS correspondent Kimberly Dozier arrived on Tuesday at Ramstein Air Base in western Germany.

Dozier was taken to nearby Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, where a hospital official said Dozier was in the intensive care unit and was expected to survive.

#30249 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jeremy Thompson writes about this story in his blog

#30250 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I saw the story on BBC WOrld a couple of days ago, and it was on again yeaterday. I feel for Kimberley, and the families who lost the two loved one’s. That is such a tragedy. It shouldn’t have happened. My prayers are with the families at this time.

#30251 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

There are some pictures on the CBS website of James, Paul and Kimberley

#30252 Reply

DDP
    Participant

bbc World Fan wrote:I saw the story on BBC WOrld a couple of days ago, and it was on again yeaterday. I feel for Kimberley, and the families who lost the two loved one’s. That is such a tragedy. It shouldn’t have happened. My prayers are with the families at this time.

TWO loved ones? What about the others that were KIA? There appears to be a pecking order. Journalist injured, crew killed, soldier killed and lastly the company interpreter who also bought the farm. I guess because the soldier was only doing his job he barely gets a mention, and the MMR don’t give a damn about any Iraqis killed unless they are ‘innocent Iraqis‘ killed in an ‘atrocity‘ or as a result of sectarian violence which they would have you believe is rampant throughout every town in Iraq. Whatever…

Capt. James A. Funkhouser, 35, of Katy, Texas, died in Baghdad, Iraq, on May 29, of injuries sustained when a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near his HMMWV during reconnaissance patrol operations. Funkhouser was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Hood, Texas.

Before anyone returns fire at me not caring about the Iraqi I do not know his name because nobody is supposed to know it. The name of the Iraqi, is unlikely to be released due to PERSEC. Acknowledgement of his sacrifice, as per many Iraqis working for the better of their nation go without mention and yet they take the same risk as the Marines and soldiers of the coalition they accompany on patrols.

The lack of respect shown towards those who are willing to lay their life down protecting others astounds me when placed in comparison to those who have a choice on placing themselves in a hostile environment. Those six WIA and two KIA were also protecting those journalists, had they not been babysitting they may have finished their patrol without getting hit. Which is ironic seeing as all the MMR seems to want to do is crucify those serving in the box and belittle the sacrifices made since OIF1 by reporting only on the negative and only in a handful of provinces at best. Isn’t the media supposed to be ‘fair and balanced’?.

In fairness to CBS, they are one of the few in the MMR that at least attempts to look on both sides of the fence. They also covered the Army casualties in a follow up piece a few days later.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Kimberly Dozier seriously injured
Your information: