Lisa Aziz leaving?

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Lisa Aziz leaving?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 12 years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author

dirkyt
    Participant
    #25207 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

There is a lot of chatter/speculation that Lisa is ditching Osterley for ITV West in Bristol. It comes after Jenny Hull left Bath Road.

Aziz had worked for a time here before TVam and SKY.

However someone had said that SKY have come out today to deny this. Yet I do not see any comments on any SKY site saying she is staying.

She was on last night, but Juliette was on the 4 to midnight shift on Monday.

Does anyone know anymore?

#25208 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I’ve heard from Sky Sources that this is UNTRUE.
    I think this as been blown out of proportion by a comment made by someone on TVForums, someone who than deleted their comments.

#25209 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Oh, I’ve heard today that Lisa is joining ITV West.

#25210 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

U turn Why though?

#25211 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Well i havnt heard anything official yet. I cannot greet this development with any enthusiasm , I dont think shes suited to local news anymore . National newsreaders especially the women have a problem deflating their egos when making a move back to such a role.

I wish they had brought in somebody new instead of a sky presenter.

#25212 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Regional news is mind-numbing and an archaic concept anyway (in this country). Its hardly ever that local, with odd counties being stuck together just because the transmitters were built there years ago, and after 10 minutes it usually turns into fluff with stories about little Amy’s pet whatever.

#25213 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I don’t think she has a huge ego – as she wouldn’t be moving from national to regional presenting.

A huge waste to SKY’s talent base.

I wish her all the best – but I for one will miss her.

#25214 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

This is devastating news. I’ve been a Lisa Aziz fan since she joined SKY news. But I suppose she feels it’s a better move for her personally and I wish her all the best.

SFI

#25215 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

ITV West say she will join in September.

I wonder if she will continue up until then with SKY News – or just pack it in now and have a break.

http://www.itvregions.com/programmes_view….West&page=20885

#25216 Reply

HBox
    Participant

What a shame, I always liked Lisa, quality presenter. I won’t even be able to watch her when she moves as I can’t pick up ITV West in my region.

#25217 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Gutted!!!

I was always under the impression that Liza had family commitments that stopped her from presenting during the week on a regular basis. In my opinion she is the 2nd best female anchor (Etchers is a tough one to beat) and should have been given a weekday slot!

#25218 Reply

derek500
    Participant

HBox+Jun 8 2005, 09:13 PM–>(HBox @ Jun 8 2005, 09:13 PM)
    I won’t even be able to watch her when she moves as I can’t pick up ITV West in my region.

If you’ve got a Sky Digibox you can receive HTV West through ‘other channels’

#25219 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

derek500+Jun 9 2005, 07:04 PM–>(derek500 @ Jun 9 2005, 07:04 PM)

I won’t even be able to watch her when she moves as I can’t pick up ITV West in my region.

Thanks for that.

I will look into adding ITV West on my digibox.

#25220 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear that Lisa is leaving Sky News. I’ll certainly be looking out for her on HTV West from September and I wish her the very best down there.

#25221 Reply

HBox
    Participant

derek500+Jun 9 2005, 07:04 PM–>(derek500 @ Jun 9 2005, 07:04 PM)

Nice one, thanks.

#25222 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I think that if LA is leaving immediately – Paula will be her stand in – perhaps permanently? She has been with SKY for a while, and I am sure she is due a regular slot.

She may have even bought a First Western ticket from Paddington to Temple Meads for Lisa already? (only joking – PM seems a nice wifey)

#25223 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Lisa was on with Steve this morning so maybe she’ll be sticking around for a little while yet.

#25224 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Lisa is on tonight with Big Dave.

I wonder if they will do a report about her – on her last watch with SKY News. She certainly deserves it. SKY News will not be the same without our LA!!

#25225 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I was actually wondering the same thing, surely they ought to. She has been with them for years, since 1993 I think.

#25226 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

HBox+Jun 14 2005, 09:57 PM–>(HBox @ Jun 14 2005, 09:57 PM)
    I was actually wondering the same thing, surely they ought to. She has been with them for years, since 1993 I think.

Thanks HBox – hopefully someone at SKY News will look at the comments we are making about LA – NOT ONE MEMBER IS GLAD TO SEE L.A. LEAVE.

Chin up fellow Lisa Fans!

#25227 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

dirkyt+Jun 14 2005, 09:19 PM–>(dirkyt @ Jun 14 2005, 09:19 PM)
    I wonder if they will do a report about her – on her last watch with SKY News. She certainly deserves it.

Yeah, sure would be nice..

FYI I’ve heard that Lisa’s last day at Sky is the end of July.

#25228 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Johnnie+Jun 14 2005, 11:23 PM–>(Johnnie @ Jun 14 2005, 11:23 PM)

dirkyt+Jun 14 2005, 09:19 PM–>(dirkyt @ Jun 14 2005, 09:19 PM)
    I wonder if they will do a report about her – on her last watch with SKY News.  She certainly deserves it.

Yeah, sure would be nice..

FYI I’ve heard that Lisa’s last day at Sky is the end of July.

End of July – thanks Johnnie.

She’s not got that long left then – never mind. I am sure there will not be a dry eye in the newsroom, as she seems to have a warm rappore with all the team.

#25229 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I hope they will acknowledge her departure on her last day. I know I’m gonna tune into ITV West News occasionally when LA moves over.

#25230 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

I sent Lisa an email at SKY, wishing her all the best and acknowledging how she’d be missed by me at least. I asked for a signed pic and I got it – now the SKY news logo was the one they were using up until 1994!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Lisa Aziz leaving?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register