Littlejohn

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Littlejohn

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  eagleeye 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #13883 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Amanda Platell – William Hague’s former spin doctor stood in for Richard Littlejohn Tonight…

#13884 Reply

ST34
    Participant

Bring him back for what?

#13885 Reply

pixi
    Participant

Do you remember Littlejohn swearing last year?

Richard Littlejohn has been rapped by TV watchdogs for swearing on his Sky News talk show.

The Sun columnist was airing his typically forthright views on council taxes when he broke off from his monologue, saying “F*** it! I’m so sorry.”

It transpired that he had been reading from an autocue in a pre-recorded segment which should have been consigned to the bin as soon as he uttered the expletive.

But in a cock-up, the tape went out as part of an introduction to his live show.

The programme was briefly interrupted after the incident on Littlejohn’s December 4th show, before he reappeared on screen and told viewers: “OK, well, we seem to have got an earlier recording there. We do apologise for that. Let’s move on to our first story.”

But one viewer thought the apology was not for the use of offensive language and complained to Ofcom. The regulator upheld their complaint, ruling that Sky News had been in breach of programme codes.

“Sky News explained that they transmitted a wrong version. It had been a particularly busy few minutes in the run-up to the start of the programme, and this had contributed to the mistake,” said the regulator.

“The broadcaster obviously regretted the mistake and any upset it had caused to viewers… This was clearly a technical mishap but Richard Littlejohn’s subsequent apology to viewers seemed more in regret for the broadcast of the wrong tape than for the likely offence caused to viewers. The broadcaster did not issue any further apology at the end of the show.”

#13886 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Amanda Platell is doing agood Job this week on Littlejohn, but Littlejohn is better.

Maybe another progamme could be created with Amanda in mind. My suggestion would be something like ‘Crossfire’ on CNN in the US. (Does anyone remember ‘Target’ in the early days of Sky News). Put Alastair Campbell opposite her and you’ve got a hit.

#13887 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Does anyone remember ‘Target’ in the early days of Sky News

Oh yes, vaguely. Austin Mitchell and Norman Tebitt, as I recall.

I think your idea is great, however I can’t help but think that Alastair would try to overpower Amanda

#13888 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Bring him back for what?

Best question I’ve seen lately. Human dartboard? Mind you, he’s best ignored. As I said before, if only people wouldn’t watch him, he’d disappear.

#13889 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Best question I’ve seen lately. Human dartboard? Mind you, he’s best ignored. As I said before, if only people wouldn’t watch him, he’d disappear.

Oh dear, eagleeye, you’re guilty of not checking the facts. Read this topic from the start – you’re actually refering to Bob Friend.

#13890 Reply

Gems
    Participant

Oh yes eagleeye in this case i agree with Steven. You need to read and understand entire topics. Unless, of course, you have something against Bob Friend. And anyone with a problem with Bob may not address me.

#13891 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

I’m sure Eagleeye likes Bob Friend and I know that she’s not a very huge fan of Littlejohn, that’s why I think her comment was not intended for Bob Friend.

Tanya

#13892 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

if i recall amanda patell does not speak the word campbell – she spits it out like poison – please dont bring littlejohn back – shes bad – but he is ten times worse – those half hours a night when his program is on is the time to turn over to bbc world –

little john is the weakest link in the sky news programming – please say goodbye!!!

#13893 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Oh yes eagleeye in this case i agree with Steven.  You need to read and understand entire topics.  Unless, of course, you have something against Bob Friend.  And anyone with a problem with Bob may not address me.

Yeah, I wasn’t actually having a go at Eagleeye, I was perhaps being a little, and was aware as I said it, picky – I certainly had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I know that eagleeye is very knowledgable and normally doesn’t make those little ‘faux pas’.

#13894 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Fee Fi Fo Fum

I Must Pay More Atten-shun

I shall try to do better in future…

Of course I was talking about Littlewhatsit who is the subject of this forum…when he spent time in the US with his Foxy friends, I wonder what they made of his surname?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Littlejohn
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register