Live @ 5 Newswall Trouble

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Live @ 5 Newswall Trouble

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sky Lad 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sky Lad
    Participant
    #26754 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

Did anyone see the start of live @ 5

Anna started and the newswall kept changing colour so they went to a break after she’d read the headlines……..

#26755 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

No way! An add? What did Anna say when the add finished?? Jeremy is presenting from the Oval – i’m not sure if the cricket warrants so much attention given the continuing news from New Orleans. If Sky Sports didn’t televise the cricket, i wonder if Jeremy would be presenting from there…

#26756 Reply

scottish
    Participant

sky.dub+Sep 7 2005, 06:58 PM–>(sky.dub @ Sep 7 2005, 06:58 PM)
    No way! An add? What did Anna say when the add finished?? Jeremy is presenting from the Oval – i’m not sure if the cricket warrants so much attention given the continuing news from New Orleans. If Sky Sports didn’t televise the cricket, i wonder if Jeremy would be presenting from there…

But Sky doesn’t really televise the cricket, it only shows the highlights with live coverage on Channel Four. I think that it is appropriate for JT to be presenting from The Oval – this is the most eagerly anticipated cricket match for years, and I think that it is nice for the news channels to cover sport stories as such occasionally. Anyway, Chris Roberts is taking over the presenting from New Orleans ten minutes in from the top-of-the-hour, so it is not as if Sky are completing neglecting the hurricane story.

But it will be interesting to see if JT continues to present from The Oval throughout the Test Match. I can’t see Sky News being broadcast from a sport stadium during a live match but I’m sure we will see tomorrow. And on a similar theme, BBC Radio Five Live will be live from The Oval throughout Thursday, Friday and Monday, with news programmes being co-presented from the media centre there.

#26757 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

sky.dub+Sep 7 2005, 06:58 PM–>(sky.dub @ Sep 7 2005, 06:58 PM)
    No way! An add? What did Anna say when the add finished??

I think it went straight to Jeremy after the break, not sure though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Live @ 5 Newswall Trouble
Your information: