Live from the Sky News Centre…….

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Live from the Sky News Centre…….

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  dirkyt 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bbriscoe
    Participant
    #24172 Reply

bbriscoe
    Participant

I’ve noticed quite a few times that on Sky News Today the VO on the ident just says Sky News Today with…… instead of Live from the Sky News Centre, Sky News Today with……

Anyone know the reason for omitting the ‘live’ bit?

Ben

#24173 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Just mixing it up maybe?

#24174 Reply

sammy
    Participant

they mite be cardboard cut outs of even waxwork who knows now these days !

#24175 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

And why, all of a sudden does Kay Burley get her name read out first on the half hour every afternoon, when none of the other female presenters do??? :blink:

#24176 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

She probably wanna make sure that everyone knows her name.
    Suppose some persons call her Emma crosby, juliette foster or even jeremy thompson ; All of a sudden that act makes sense……

#24177 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

sjw1705……dont get me started on the Kay issue….please!!!

#24178 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

sjw1705+Mar 30 2005, 02:57 PM–>(sjw1705 @ Mar 30 2005, 02:57 PM)
    And why, all of a sudden does Kay Burley get her name read out first on the half hour every afternoon, when none of the other female presenters do??? :blink:

It’s normally because the last name annouced is the first in-vision at the newswall. thats what i think happens.

#24179 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

sjw1705+Mar 30 2005, 02:57 PM–>(sjw1705 @ Mar 30 2005, 02:57 PM)

Ah No! When Julie/Sheila/Liza/Juliette/Viv or whoever is on SNT 10am to 1pm then they get their names first on the half hour. So there is nothing unique here for poe-face herself.

#24180 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

wolverine+Mar 30 2005, 03:11 PM–>(wolverine @ Mar 30 2005, 03:11 PM)

She probably wanna make sure that everyone knows her name.
    Suppose some persons call her Emma crosby, juliette foster or even jeremy thompson ; All of a sudden that act makes sense……

I’ve actually seen that happen a couple of times to her, where someone got the intros mixed up. One time, Mark and Kay were introduced as Sheila and Julie, who had been presenting SNT that morning. Needless to say, Kay wasn’t very happy, though I don’t know whether it was Julie or Sheila she was annoyed at the thought of being mistaken for!

#24181 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

“EGOS ARE ONLY THERE TO BE DEFLATED!!”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Live from the Sky News Centre…….
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register