Live@5

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Live@5

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Newsroom
    Participant
    #16953 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Who did live at five today(Thursday)

Paula Middlehurst was on between 730 and 8.

#16954 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Allan and Paula.

#16955 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

That s very strange.

Where was Anna and Jeremy

It must have been Paula’s first weekday live @ 5

O is Karin Giannone on recently she was on the week bfor last-havent seen her since!

#16956 Reply

newshound
    Participant

I refer you to my posting under Anchor Rotation.

#16957 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

Yes it is really tedious to keep discussing people’s shifts. We see all the favourites at some point during the day, so what does it matter what order they are in?

#16958 Reply

newshound
    Participant

I agree! And if viewers work shifts, it gives them a chance to see everyone. Unless their shifts change, of course.

#16959 Reply

news_wench
    Participant

Think of all those poor people working 9-5 who miss out on Sky News Today and Kay Burley in the afternoon.

#16960 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I dont like skynews between 10am and 5pm.

#16961 Reply

newshound
    Participant

Newsroom, you are a killjoy.

#16962 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

martin,mark,kay,julie—nah wud much rather -steve,allan,viv,juliette(in that order)

#16963 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

I disagree, but then I watch it round the clock so I like the variety!

#16964 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Im young I guess i just prefer ppl like Karin Giannone,Emma Crosby and Juliette Foster(and Anna-she is just hilariously funny when she breaks into a laughing fit!) also,Vivienne is brilliant!

However i would only watch sky news on and off between 5pm and 1am.and weekend mornings,sometimes.

#16965 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Yes it is really tedious to keep discussing people’s shifts.

Yes it is. I wonder if there’s a better topic of discussion fishcakes?

I know how about Jordan’s “melons”. (I refer you to the Adam Boulton thread)

#16966 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

I don’t want to talk about canteloupes . But can someone explain to this poor peasant why Sky’s flagship news programme is Live at Five, when most people who are interested in the news are still at work until after 7pm?

Why don’t they have a proper news at ten or are they scared of their rivals?

#16967 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

What’s wrong with News@10(also sportsline and the news with paper review up to 00.00 would pull in viewers——–also news between 8pm and 10pm!

#16968 Reply

Breakfast News
    Participant

I don’t want to talk about canteloupes . But can someone explain to this poor peasant why Sky’s flagship news programme is Live at Five, when most people who are interested in the news are still at work until after 7pm?

Why don’t they have a proper news at ten or are they scared of their rivals?

i agree that Live at Five is far too early to be the cahnnels flagship show, but i don’t agree with your sweeping statement, that most people who are interested in news aren’t in ’till after 7pm is just not true!

Although the BBC Six O’Clock News is not the Beeb’s flagship news programme, it is Britain’s most watched bulitin, and it is on at, you’ll never guess, 6PM!

#16969 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

I just meant that the vast majority of suitslaves are still working or commuting between 5 and 7pm. That’s why ITV and BBC do later eve news and OK, C4’s is at 7pm.

I would like to be able to come home and watch a flagship live news a bit later. Obviously where there’s a big time diff between Britain and the Middle or far East or Oz, it’s not fair to ask correspondents to work all night, HUGE stories excepted.

I didn’t mean that all those who are interested in ‘hard’ news are not home to watch live at five. When I do have Sky and am around then, it’s my fav programme (actually all I really watch unless something big breaks during the day). When my better half gets home though, which is never before 7pm, he doesn’t know why I like Sky as it’s not so good at night. He’s a suit slave…

#16970 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Why is it that there can only be one ‘premier’ programme?

Why not L@5 and another sometime after 8pm. Personally 8pm is my favourite.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Live@5
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register