Local and European Elections

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Local and European Elections

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Newsroom 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kerry
    Participant
    #17094 Reply

kerry
    Participant

Local and European Elections are next month and Cabinet ministers are contemplating a future without Tony Blair as Prime Minister, his deputy John Prescott has confirmed.

Mr Blair faces unprecedented speculation about his future as problems in Iraq cause mounting concern on Labour’s backbenches.

Sky News have made this story the Top story tonight. I wonder if Sky also think that he may step down.

Do you want Blair gone? will he even make it to the general elections next year? if Blair go’s, do you think Gordon Brown would make a good PM?

#17095 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I like Blair-but hate Bush and hatre the way your PM seems to jump when Bush Says so.

G.W.Bush:”Tony will you swim home”?

Tony:”whatever you want master”

#17096 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Sky News have made this story the Top story tonight. I wonder if Sky also think that he may step down.

As a news organisation it is surely irrelevant what Sky think.

Under Blair this coutry has certainly transformed. Unfortunatley, the bad changes out weigh the good changes.

#17097 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Under Blair this coutry has certainly transformed. Unfortunatley, the bad changes out weigh the good changes.

Yes, this country has transformed alot under Blair’s leadership and I think it will be a very sad day if Blair steps down.

#17098 Reply

DonnieDarko
    Participant

I think Blair has been something of a revolutionary for British politics. Especially when you consider what went before (Major..Thatcher…). I think I understand why he feels the need to keep the US engaged with it’s allies, rather than let them become too isolationist, because then (under this administration) they would become even more dangerous.

People seem to want to punish Blair, so I’m pretty sure he’ll be forced to step down before the Summer is out, but then, once he goes I think everyone will be sorry they put the pressure on and will wish he was back.

#17099 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I think Blair has been something of a revolutionary for British politics. Especially when you consider what went before (Major..Thatcher…). I think I understand why he feels the need to keep the US engaged with it’s allies, rather than let them become too isolationist, because then (under this administration) they would become even more dangerous.

People seem to want to punish Blair, so I’m pretty sure he’ll be forced to step down before the Summer is out, but then, once he goes I think everyone will be sorry they put the pressure on and will wish he was back.

I think it’s a bit generous to say he has been ‘revolutionary’. There’s no doubt that under his leadership the country has changed – on the whole for the better. One of the greatest successes of this government has been it’s economic policies. They are driven by Mr Prudence himself – aka Mr Brown.

Mr Blair has made some huge mistakes that have drawn, far too often, the attention away from the good stuff. Regretabaly Blair will be remembered, I fear, for his mistakes over Iraq. His main characteristic that’ll be remembered is his arrogance.

#17100 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

I like Blair generally but do not like his “puppy-dog” antics with regards to GWBush!

#17101 Reply

DonnieDarko
    Participant

I think it’s a bit generous to say he has been ‘revolutionary’.

Yeah point taken. I must have been having a very good day that day. Well, I did qualify it with the word ‘something’ – “something of a revolutionary”. He has been very good for Irish politics though, in terms of Irish relations with Britain.

#17102 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Yeah deffo! great for Irish politics>so much better than either Thatcher or the guy with the grey hair(forget the name)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Local and European Elections
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register