Lorna Dunkley moves to weekends.

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Lorna Dunkley moves to weekends.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  guvnorgaz 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

OperaGhost
    Participant
    #33374 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Meridian anchor joins Eamonn Holmes at Sky News

Chris Tryhorn
    Tuesday January 9, 2007
    MediaGuardian.co.uk

Sky News has hired ITV Meridian presenter Charlotte Hawkins to work on its Sunrise breakfast strand alongside Eamonn Holmes.

Hawkins, who began her broadcasting career with ITN in 1999, starts on Sky News on Monday, co-hosting the channel’s coverage between 6am and 9am.

She replaces Lorna Dunkley, who is going to Sky News Weekend, joining Emma Crosby, Steve Dixon, Mark Longhurst and Chris Roberts.

Hawkins has co-anchored ITV Meridian’s main news programme, Meridian Tonight, since October 2003.

Before that she worked on the now defunct ITV News channel. She has also co-presented The London Boat Show for ITV1.

#33375 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:Meridian anchor joins Eamonn Holmes at Sky News

Chris Tryhorn
    Tuesday January 9, 2007
    MediaGuardian.co.uk

Sky News has hired ITV Meridian presenter Charlotte Hawkins to work on its Sunrise breakfast strand alongside Eamonn Holmes.

Hawkins, who began her broadcasting career with ITN in 1999, starts on Sky News on Monday, co-hosting the channel’s coverage between 6am and 9am.

She replaces Lorna Dunkley, who is going to Sky News Weekend, joining Emma Crosby, Steve Dixon, Mark Longhurst and Chris Roberts.

Hawkins has co-anchored ITV Meridian’s main news programme, Meridian Tonight, since October 2003.

Before that she worked on the now defunct ITV News channel. She has also co-presented The London Boat Show for ITV1.

just don’t get sky anymore, they move some of there best people to the weekend.

Lorna, Emma, Steve, Mark, a good presenting team makes a big difference.

#33376 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

In a press release yesterday, Sky said “Charlotte will provide a round-up of the top stories throughout the three-hour strand, from 6am to 9am, and will be part of the morning team that includes Sky News presenter Eamonn Holmes and sports presenter Jacquie Beltrao. ”

Sounds like Eamonn will be presenting the bulk of Sunrise by himself.

#33377 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

If this is the case, what slot will Lorna do like, as Helen & Samantha does Sat & Sunday’s Sunrise, then with Emma on the afternoon, with Lucy on the back shift, I think Sky News should be thinking first, if this is the case again, why not bring Mark & Chris back to daytime slots ?

#33378 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I think, obviously, she will do Sunrise, maybe starting Friday morning, Emma and either Steve or Chris until 5, then either Steve or Chris doing Live at 5, then Popplewell and Lucy in the evening

#33379 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

But what abaout Helen & Samantha ?

#33380 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

They’ll fill in when needed?

The changes are getting ridiculous, I thought N24 was confusing with its random presenters…..

#33381 Reply

James
    Participant

I think she’s doing some of the evening slots…

#33382 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

I also think she’ll be doing the evening shift replaceing Lucy, they didn’t mention Sunrise in that press release.

#33383 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

Can someone please tell me where i can see the press release?

#33384 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

i thought they moved all those presenters to weekends in order ‘to save money’? How can they afford to make another hire?

having said that, I’ll be disappointed if she’s just a headline girl during some sort of ‘Eamonn Holmes Show’. Sunrise is supposed to be a quick digest of the news, not some sort of personality-led show.

#33385 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

its a point, but Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes for me is a turn off!

#33386 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:I think, obviously, she will do Sunrise, maybe starting Friday morning, Emma and either Steve or Chris until 5, then either Steve or Chris doing Live at 5, then Popplewell and Lucy in the evening

That?s the way it is, Guvnorgaz. Friendly Classeyham…..

#33387 Reply

ginnyfan
    Participant

Who was on Sunrise this morning?

#33388 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Emma and Mark.

Lorna usually did Monday to Thursday, Emma then did Friday Sunrise then 10-5 on Sat and Sun, Lorna could either do Sat and Sun Sunrise or she could do Sat and Sun nights from 7

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Lorna Dunkley moves to weekends.
Your information: