Jonathan Wills to leave ITV Anglia and join ITV Channel

jonathan wills Image

ITV regional presenter Jonathan Wills will leave ITV Anglia to join ITV Channel.

Jonathan will join the team at Channel in May, and will present the 6pm programme alongside Jess Dunsdon.

He is no stranger to the Channel Islands – he holidayed in Alderney as a child and grew up in Jersey, where he regularly visits family and friends.

“It’s wonderful to be returning to the island I love and I can’t wait to get started when I come over in May, said Jonathan.

“To be part of the presenting team with Jess will be a terrific honour and I look forward to bringing the stories of the day to everyone in the Channel Islands at 6.”

Jonathan started his presenting career with Channel One Television and then the BBC in the 1990s later moving to ITV London as Sports Editor and Presenter and then ITV’s Network News.

Jonathan joined ITV News Anglia in 2008, presenting the nightly news in the east of England alongside Becky Jago.

Karen Rankine, ITV Channel’s Head of News, said: “He brings enormous experience as a studio and location presenter and live interviewer and we look forward to him bringing his warmth, personality and sense of humour to our flagship programme as co-host alongside Jess Dunsdon.”

Posted by on Wednesday 10 March 2021
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link