Lucy Verasamy sky news weather girl

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Lucy Verasamy sky news weather girl

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

ollyaginus
    Participant
    #32795 Reply

ollyaginus
    Participant

As I watch Lucy presenting the weather every day she becomes more and more gorgeous and watchable. Does any body agree she is the sexiest ( and informative) weather girl ever ever ever??

#32796 Reply

JIMO96
    Participant

Yes- totally agree, but only till Lisa Burke comes back.

#32797 Reply

Lone
    Participant

For me personally she has now surpassed Lisa Burke, even if Lisa comes back (and I’m not sure if she will) I think Lucy will be my new fave from now on.

#32798 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

I think Denise Nurse is a sexy weather presenter aswell not just Lucy

#32799 Reply

Evan
    Participant

Jo Wheeler beats the lot in my opinion, closely followed by Lucy.

#32800 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

I think the team are a varied and unusual looking bunch of mingers ! :laugh:

They should pop in next door and borrow Lara , not too bright but what a little poppet .

#32801 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

:biggrin: I don’t really pay that much attention to how good looking they are. The best weather presenter they did have though was Hazel!

#32802 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

jonn0boy wrote::biggrin: I don’t really pay that much attention to how good looking they are. The best weather presenter they did have though was Hazel!

Me too……it is not how good looking they are. The best weather presenter they did have through is Sarah Moore, Francis Wilson, Jo Wheeler and Hazel Murray – but all others new, young and old people from BBC – had all a very high level. So Isobel, you are now taken by the most of SN viewers…….. Classey…….

#32803 Reply

Lone
    Participant

classeyham wrote:
    Me too……it is not how good looking they are. The best weather presenter they did have through is Sarah Moore, Francis Wilson, Jo Wheeler and Hazel Murray – but all others new, young and old people from BBC – had all a very high level. So Isobel, you are now taken by the most of SN viewers…….. Classey…….

Despite what some of us may think, I think it’s pretty clear looks do play a big part in who get’s hired for weather forcasting jobs at Sky.

#32804 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

All the weather people are good, but, in my opinion, Francis has the greatest air of authority about him. I feel that his forecasts can really be relied on; he also has a wonderful feeling of originality about his descriptions and never repeats the usual weather forecast cliches. He really seems to enjoy using the English language.

The main problem with the younger ones, which never happens with people like Hazel and Jo, is the way they sometimes mangle English. When did English pronounciation stop being taught properly? “The” before a word beginning with a vowel sounds like “thee”; isn’t it purely instinctive? But so often we hear that “rain will work its way up the (not “thee”) Irish Sea and will gradually spread to the (not “thee”) East coast”.

It’s only the young ones, though not Lisa, with her lovely accent. Steff was by far the worst!

Am I being unbearably fussy?

#32805 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Nope, it is annoying, if they are appearing on national tv, their diction should be perfect….most of the time.

#32806 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

[quote name=’DRL’ date=’Nov 12 2006, 09:47 PM’ post=’17136′]
    All the weather people are good, but, in my opinion, Francis has the greatest air of authority about him. I feel that his forecasts can really be relied on; he also has a wonderful feeling of originality about his descriptions and never repeats the usual weather forecast cliches. He really seems to enjoy using the English language.

The main problem with the younger ones, which never happens with people like Hazel and Jo, is the way they sometimes mangle English. When did English pronounciation stop being taught properly? “The” before a word beginning with a vowel sounds like “thee”; isn’t it purely instinctive? But so often we hear that “rain will work its way up the (not “thee”) Irish Sea and will gradually spread to the (not “thee”) East coast”.

It’s only the young ones, though not Lisa, with her lovely accent. Steff was by far the worst!

Am I being unbearably fussy?

No – I agree with you, DRL. Francis Wilson has the greatest air authority about him. He has a wonderful of originality about his descriptions and never repeats the usual weather forecast cliches. He really seem to enjoy the English language. And he is the Boss. I also like Jo Wheeler, Sarah Moore and the new “Sky One, Isobel Lang. She is growing very much at me. A real weather-girl, and a big active at SN… Well done, Tonight, Isobel…..Classie…. :happy:

#32807 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

What a surprise! Just been reading about the English version of Al Jazeera being available, so I thought I’d tune in to it. The first thing I saw was Steff (ex-Sky; see last two messages) presenting the world’s weather. Naturally, within seconds she was forecasting the weather for the (not “thee”) Eastern Seaboard!

#32808 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Yup, spotted Steph this morning too on AJI, seems to be happy in her new job.

#32809 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

DRL wrote:What a surprise! Just been reading about the English version of Al Jazeera being available, so I thought I’d tune in to it. The first thing I saw was Steff (ex-Sky; see last two messages) presenting the world’s weather. Naturally, within seconds she was forecasting the weather for the (not “thee”) Eastern Seaboard!

Lang is much longer than Steff!

Surprise, surprise – Steff G. in Al Jazeera. What a big wherther-news, but SN got Isobel Lang, a much better and special much longer wheather-girl(?)!! I think…..classey…. :rolleyes:

#32810 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

classeyham wrote:(DRL @ Nov 16 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]17208[/snapback]

What a surprise! Just been reading about the English version of Al Jazeera being available, so I thought I’d tune in to it. The first thing I saw was Steff (ex-Sky; see last two messages) presenting the world’s weather. Naturally, within seconds she was forecasting the weather for the (not “thee”) Eastern Seaboard!

Lang is much longer than Steff!

Surprise, surprise – Steff G. in Al Jazeera. What a big wherther-news, but SN got Isobel Lang, a much better and special much longer wheather-girl(?)!! I think…..classey…. :rolleyes:

Okay, sorry: much longer weather-girl………..W-E-A-T-H-E-R…..

#32811 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Bring back Ulrica

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Lucy Verasamy sky news weather girl
Your information: