Marcus Buckland

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Marcus Buckland

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bouncebackability 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dan_mase
    Participant
    #34734 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

Any ideas as to why Marcus has been shunted from the now deceased PremPlus to tennis, in favour of Dave Jones in the last mnonth of the footie season

i always thought MArcus was pretty good and is surely wasted on the little covered tennis. Though Dave Jones certainly deserves a higher profile.

#34735 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

I think it was Marcus’ decision to move over to tennis but am not 100% certain. As Prem Plus is no more he would be very limited as to presenting live football from August onwards, maybe the odd Carling Cup match and Wales internationals, but to lose 50 live matches from your workload is a lot. Perhaps he thought he’d be working more regularly and on a higher profile with all the tennis compared to the football. Of course, as he is still with Sky Sports I wouldn’t rule out a return to football later on in his career, perhaps when either George Gavin or Richard Keys are phased out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Marcus Buckland
Your information: