Mark White

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Mark White

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Tellyguru
    Participant
    #16041 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Is it just me or do people think that Sky’s Mark White should be on more often and on bigger stories. I think he’s very good live… what about some presenting work?

#16042 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Not sure.. he does sound depressed a lot.. a bit like Simon did after the war. …listen to his sign-off on packages …it might have just been the beckham affair thing ..but the way he said this;

the interview will be shown on sky one on thursday at 10pm.. mark white, sky news.

..the end four words made it sound like he was completely disinterested. ..maybe he should be commended for rubbishing the blatant plug and the story.

#16043 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

It’s Mark’s birthday today!

Happy Birthday, all the best and hopefully next year you’ll be celebrating it dry!

_______

Tanya

#16044 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

how d’you know that?! Mark should be a correspondent, not just a reporter in my ‘umble opinion…happy birthday – a work or a whisky day?

#16045 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

David Foster congratulated him while he was reporting live from the marathon, …all soaked by rain.

_______

Tanya

#16046 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

I think Mark should get more of the big stories.

He is very knowledgeable and experienced.

He is also quite good in live situations when the communications have dropped out

#16047 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Isn’t Mark White one of the best reporters on Sky News.
    He is one of the best live performers.
    Discuss!

#16048 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I have an idea, Tellyguru why don’t you present an arguement thus allowing and facilitating a discussion.

#16049 Reply

SimUK
    Participant

Breaking News… just after 2pm Mark White was doing a live piece to camera in Trafalgar Square (London, for any foreign forum readers) about the Fathers 4 Justice protests which was taking place there.

He was saying how they were dressed in santa suits and there was a fairly heavy police presence due to the obvious possible threat of problems based on past experiences, but actually saying how it’s being good etc… and said how they were starting to gather behind him as they’d noticed themselves on a big screen (is Sky News on a big screen there then?) and he said to pan the camera round to show the police elsewhere in the square, at which point you heard Mark White say “we are live on air!” and it turned out it was to a police constable who told him that “it’s a peaceful protest” and basically to “stop filming”.

The camera turned back round to Mark White who ended his report (rather than immedialtely coming to a stop) and handed back to the studio, and Michael Wilson said back to him that maybe he could ask why they were being stopped filming in a public place which is going about it’s day to day business in a democracy – quite right! Will be very interesting to see what happens… do the police really have the power to stop an official news organisation reporting on a public event? And do they not want them filming incase they possibly inflame the situation and beat a few protesters over the head……. :rolleyes:

Will be worth keeping an eye out to see what happens and if they show it again (I hope they do)

#16050 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Where’s Mark? I haven’t seen him for a while?
    I thought his reporting from Banda Aceh was excellent.
    Why doesn’t Sky send him abroad more often to places like Washington.
    He’s far better than David Blevins or Colin Brazier.

#16051 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think Tellyguru he may have needed a well earned break as he was working his bollocks off across in Indonesia. People think that tv reporting is glamourous but I don’t think the reporters got any more than four hours sleep a night in terrible conditions. I think he is one of Sky’s rising stars his packaging is tight and well written and his lives are spot on.

#16052 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

hes probally on a long break after the tsunami coverage. maybe he was deeply effected by it and sky gave him time off. david blevins and colin brazier are only stand in’s for ian woods and andrew wilson while they are off on other coverage. wonder if sky will leave colin in washington with the row and all that. but i’d say david will be back in Ireland shortly.

#16053 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Hello – Mark was working yesterday, Mon – he was outside a special immigration appeals centre, giving live updates – where various ‘terror detainees’ were trying to appeal their detention.

Checking my videos, he also did a live phone report today minutes after the news came thru (about 1240) that “C” had been released from Broadmoor. Not sure if there’s package on. (edit: alex rossi is on package for this)

I like Mark too, he’s a good reporter.. hopefully a correspondent soon. All his Banda Aceh packages and live stuff was great – very thoughtful and well delivered.

#16054 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

What on Earth is Sky playing at, giving Brazier a job in Washington after he assaulted a colleague?!?!?! Looks like they waited for the fuss to die down in the papers and just quietly shipped him there. If I were that bloke they dumped a while ago for hitting a newsreader I’d be suing for a seven figure sum!

#16055 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Colin Brazier was in Washington simply because the 2 regular Correpondents were elsewhere and the Presidential Inauguration needed covering. My understanding is that Colin Brazier is a London based Correspondent.

#16056 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

Mark white just has some rest after his brilliant win in the FA cup.

He will come back soon better than ever.

#16057 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Is Mark White now Sky’s Home Affairs correspondent? yesterday Kay Burley said “lets get the latest from our home affairs correspondent, Mark White. Sorry mark, did i just promote you then? i called you home affairs correspondent” Well, today Colin as refereed to him as home affairs correspondent.

I thought Rachel Amatt was Sky’s home affairs correspondent.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Mark White
Your information: