Andrea Mitchell, NBC acknowledge David Gregory on ‘Meet the Press’

David Gergory NBC

‘Meet the Press’ acknowledged David Gregory’s departure today.

Gregory, who was the moderator since 2008, announced he had stepped down from the show on Thursday.

“As you may be aware, David Gregory’s final show as moderator of Meet the Press was last Sunday,” Andrea Mitchell said at the end of today’s programme.

“Meet the Press makes a lot of history — and a great deal of it was with David at the helm since he started in December 2008.”

A video tape then played looking back on Gregory’s time on ‘Meet the Press’, including his landmark interview in Afghanistan in 2010 with General David Petraeus after he took command of US and NATO forces.

Before taking the Meet the Press chair, David had a stellar eight years covering Presidential politics and the White House for NBC News- where he covered George W. Bush from the first primaries to 9-11 and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In twenty years with NBC News, David has done it all: The OJ Simpson trial, Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, TODAY show guest hosting and, when the cameras weren’t rolling, dead on imitations of everyone from Presidents of the United States to Tom Brokaw. Through all the years, David has been true to the traditions of the program and NBC News..

Andrea reappeared in-vision and closed the segment by saying: “On Thursday David tweeted “I leave NBC as I came. Humbled and grateful. I love journalism and serving as moderator of MTP was the highest honour there is. I have great respect for my colleagues at NBC News and wish them all well. To the viewers, I say thank you.”

“As he leaves NBC News for his next adventure, I will miss him as a daily colleague, but know he will always be a friend.”

Chuck Todd will take over as the host of Meet the Press beginning 7th September 2014.

Posted by on Sunday 17 August 2014
Posted in
Keir Simmons on Sky News

Former ITV News reporter Keir Simmons appeared on Sky News over the weekend. He was reporting from Moscow on the

Kasie Hunt on CNN

CNN are to make changes to their morning schedule, according to reports. Poppy Harlow and Phil Mattingly, presenters of CNN

Julia Chatterley on CNN

First Move with Julia Chatterley will return to CNN International this month. The programme – with a new look, new

Copy link