Monday 20th Nov

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Monday 20th Nov

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  classeyham 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #32960 Reply

    markyboy26
    Participant
    #32961 Reply

    markyboy26
    Participant

    Good morning, and happy to see Allan on with Anna this morning. Is he doing both shifts?

    #32962 Reply

    James
    Participant

    markyboy26 wrote:Good morning, and happy to see Allan on with Anna this morning. Is he doing both shifts?

    Nope – its Chris and Emma this afternoon…

    #32963 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    i ended up watchin allan all morning just because it was so good to see him on! Obv giving Brazier a break after burning him out day after day!

    #32964 Reply

    Forum Member
    Participant

    Another more varied day, I’m pleased to say. Martin Popplewell and then Allan King in place of the over-exposed Colin Brazier; both have greater depth and variety. Especially good to see Emma C with Allan this afternoon; she has so much more warmth than the icily efficient Julie Etchingham.

    #32965 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    Emma is great, she is more human than Julie or Princess Pushy

    #32966 Reply

    SSLuke
    Participant

    I wouldn’t say Emma was “better” than Julie. The two just have different styles, and Julie can be as human as the best of them, as we saw when she was paired up with Simon McCoy and Martin Stanford in the past.

    #32967 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    I liked the way Colin killed her on air last week when doing the bit on recycling and he revealed she had eaten a pack of mini pork pies for her lunch

    #32968 Reply

    HOWIE
    Participant

    Emma is the BEST I think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    #32969 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    We Built This City (Starship) (up to no. #1 in US for 2 wks. 1985). The Billboard Book of USA Number One Hits, Guinness Book)….

    This is a big mistake, when Sky News use Julie Etchingham as they do right now from PM 02.00 – PM 05.00 every weekday.
    She is sitting with an older man, it dosn?t care who it is, because the viewers enjoyed the News and the pairs intelligence…
    If – in my eyes – the very overexposed Colin Brazier – have a joke, all the womans said: This is our man. Very charming too. We don?t like Julie Etchingham. She is cold as an iceberg from Greenland.
    Of course not….She is still the best reporter/journalist and presenter, Sky News have in the afternoon – but read again, from PM 02.00 – PM 05.00 is not the best time for prettyone, Julie Etchingham, the former Leicester-girl with man, and two baby-boys.
    People like SSLuke and myself (I am not a specialist, but in fact journalist) will always remember Julie Etchingham as a human reporter, much, much better than for example the lightweighter Emma Crosby.
    Julie Etchingham can be as human as the best of them all, as we saw it, when she was paired up with Simon McCoy in the morning (Sky News Sunrise), and Martin Stanford in the past – except Martin always took the newswall and said: No, he didn?t say it, but he think it: Have you seen me? I am here. The world is six down under my feet. We, no – I build this City!!!
    And poor Julie Etchingham. We could only seen her from the neck – pregnant in month no. 4, 5 or 6!
    Remember two years ago the same Julie Etchingham at the Tsunami, when she was leader of the Sky Pack in front of Chris Rogers, Kay Burley, (can?t remember his name, but it was A.J.) and the last Boy Scouts, Martin Stanford…..
    If you take Julie vs. Emma and looked at DRL: He/she finding Allan King and Emma Crosby brave, because she had so much more warmt than the icily Julie. But it is only because of a clever Allan King, that Emma Crosby take the viewers part. Julie vs. Emma – face to face – isn?t a match without no contest. Julie is here a “beauty heavyweighter”……..
    In the morning with Simon McCoy Julie was always smiling, screaming and do other things, as we as viewer said to each other: -Is she on coke? Or: -Is Simon makes funny/flirting with her between the advertising!
    With the last Election Julie Etchingham was the first woman with Adam Boulton, there accomplish the whole Election Night. And a lot of viewers remember still the interwiev with Mrs. Rice (George W. Bushs) right hand. And maybe the Soham Murder Trial.
    Last – but not least – when Julie Etchingham built Sky News City of Sky Special Report one year ago – stone by stone. With her own hands…….It was a fantastic program from PM 20.00-21.00 with a lot of politics (Charles Kennedy, The Fab Four from The Liberals. Sir Cliff Richard and his Christmas time. Sir Rolf Harris, the painterman and the singer, who must paint the Queen before her 80. years birthday.
    Every friday with a lot of questions….from a panel discussion – very prof.
    But when she left Sky News for having another baby-boy in the beginning of february, first Colin Brazier and then Anna Botting spoiled it in a few wks./maybe a month!
    Maybe Julie Etchingham is placed wrong after she went back to SN!…. :unsure:
    Personly I would like her to built up the young, Lukwesa Burak, from Sky News Overnight. She had been the front-runner since she started in march 2006 – five days and five-six hours every week. Now it is time for her to learn more from a fantastic reporter/journalist/presenter before Lukwesas own “deadblow” or promote to another British Television…. :dry:
    Or Julie Etchingham? It is time, if you wanna built a “new” Sky News City. All other solution is so depress for one of the best channels in Europe – SKY NEWS..So keep on….
    …………Friendly………….classey…………… :rolleyes:

    #32970 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    guvnorgaz wrote:I liked the way Colin killed her on air last week when doing the bit on recycling and he revealed she had eaten a pack of mini pork pies for her lunch

    Very funny :biggrin:

    #32971 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    Classey, you are obsessed, the line up if classey was running Sky News would be
    Sunrise with Lukwesa
    9-12 Lukwesa
    12-2 Lukwesa
    2-5 lukwesa
    5-midnight Lukwesa
    Throught the night Lukwesa

    Oh and Sportsline by Lukwesa for good measure

    #32972 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    guvnorgaz wrote:Classey, you are obsessed, the line up if classey was running Sky News would be
    Sunrise with Lukwesa
    9-12 Lukwesa
    12-2 Lukwesa
    2-5 lukwesa
    5-midnight Lukwesa
    Throught the night Lukwesa

    Oh and Sportsline by Lukwesa for good measure

    Oh, you are wrong again, Mr. Guvnorgaz, this is not about other Sky Members in the “best member since the beginning of 2002”, Mrs. Julie Etchingham. I am not obsessed about Lukwesa Burak. Okay, she is young and talented and good. Not anything else.
    This post here, not from you, but for me, is all about Julie Etchingham. Do you think, she is the best right now? Or can Sky News again give Julie a “better job”, because Mrs. Julie Etchingham is so much better as journalist, reporter and presenter than anyone else at Sky News? The best colleague. If you can?t see, she isn?t after she went back in Sep. – Mr. Guvnorgaz – you can?t see anything anymore. Am I make you clear? Friendly classey…….

    #32973 Reply

    Daisy Steiner
    Participant

    vicky23 wrote:i ended up watchin allan all morning just because it was so good to see him on! Obv giving Brazier a break after burning him out day after day!

    He wasn’t taking a break – he was just pulling a sicky so he could stay up late and watch the cricket :laugh:

    #32974 Reply

    vicky23
    Participant

    Daisy Steiner wrote:(vicky23 @ Nov 20 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]17303[/snapback]


    i ended up watchin allan all morning just because it was so good to see him on! Obv giving Brazier a break after burning him out day after day!

    He wasn’t taking a break – he was just pulling a sicky so he could stay up late and watch the cricket :laugh:

    your probably right! :biggrin:

    #32975 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    Spanish Eyes Al Martino (up. to no. # 5 in UK 1973 (re-entry) (Capitol)!

    Do they know, something we don?t ? hmy:

    To all the “fans” of Colin Brazier. Do they know something, we don`t – Sky News?
    Relax a little bit Colin vs. Julie Etchingham, thanks…
    Colin Brazier, for me still a correspondence clerk from Hong Kong or US, could stay up and watch the cricket and all other sport from Sky Sport. I don?t care – but he also could take Sky News Overnight and relieve the pressure of quite and sweetness Samantha Simmonds. Or is he better than Al Martino and “Spanish Eyes???
    ……..Friendly classey……….

    #32976 Reply

    ginnyfan
    Participant

    I really like Julie and Colin together,they are one of my favorite presenting couples. They always laugh and it seems to me that Julie loves Colins jokes, in fact she often makes a few of her own.
    Image

    #32977 Reply

    ginnyfan
    Participant

    Image

    #32978 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    ginnyfan wrote:Image

    You?ll always be a friend with Hot Chocolate (1972, RAK)!

    Thank you very much, ginnyfan….You?ll always be a friend. In the beginning (it was the talented and clever Lukwesa Burak) – now Guvnorgaz is angry again…What, where, whatever?? Obsession? – and here it is (left) Mrs. Julie Etchingham.
    But ginnyfan – taken your name after the very good journalist Ginny Buckley – enjoy the last picture. It is just before they ended PM 02.00 – 05.00. Normal(ly) both presenters smile. Maybe it IS a joke – but also, because todays work is finally ended. Thanks again, ginnifan…you make me smile……..classey……

    #32979 Reply

    jonn0boy
    Participant

    Ginny Buckley – Very good journalist :biggrin: Now that made me smile :biggrin:

    #32980 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    jonn0boy wrote:Ginny Buckley – Very good journalist :biggrin: Now that made me smile :biggrin:

    You make me feel like dancing (Leo Sayer) (up to top #2 in UK for 3 wks. 1976)….

    Ginny Buckley was a very good journalist – the same with ginnyfan and other here in that special TV Forum…..smiling….classey…..

    #32981 Reply

    jonn0boy
    Participant

    That is what I found funny, she really wasn’t and her being sacked indicates that.

    A great story breaks and she said nearly EVERY single time,”What more can you tell us about this?” Oh come on Ginny, you can do better than that!

    #32982 Reply

    classeyham
    Participant

    jonn0boy wrote:That is what I found funny, she really wasn’t and her being sacked indicates that.

    A great story breaks and she said nearly EVERY single time,”What more can you tell us about this?” Oh come on Ginny, you can do better than that!

    Hello jonn0boy. Long time ago? As they said…..but each to their ovn…..Hilsen (Friendly) classey…. See you next week!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Monday 20th Nov
Your information: