NBC Nightly News HD

Forums Forums TV Newsroom NBC Nightly News HD

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #33895 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

AP wrote:NEW YORK – NBC’s "Nightly News" will begin broadcasting in high definition on Monday, the first of the three evening newscasts to offer that option, the network said Tuesday.

NBC News special reports and the network’s political coverage will also be offered in high-def. There are no similar plans imminent at the "CBS Evening News" and ABC’s "World News," according to those networks.

NBC hopes the technology can offer an advantage in a suddenly competitive race. "Nightly News" has dropped behind ABC in the ratings four of the past six weeks.

#33896 Reply

Watsuchiru
    Participant

I can’t quite believe that there’s someone in the US somewhere saying to themselves:

"I wasn’t going to watch the news…but since it’s in HD…"

Does this actually increase viewers???

#33897 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Watsuchiru wrote:I can’t quite believe that there’s someone in the US somewhere saying to themselves:
    "I wasn’t going to watch the news…but since it’s in HD…"

Does this actually increase viewers???

That’s a very good point, it won’t be long before one of the news channels here in the UK tries to pull a stunt like that to get more viewers.

#33898 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Brian is reporting from New Orleans tonight, in the same position he stood 2 years ago today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: NBC Nightly News HD
Your information: