New Forum

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Forum

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ross 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #18099 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Test message on the new forum – powered by IPB.

Your Views?

#18100 Reply

pixi
    Participant

looks good – IPB is better than phpbb.
    there is too much red.

#18101 Reply

Jonno
    Participant

It will take a while to get used to. But a few questions:

• Is it possible to have the coloured tags to show which posts are new within a thread (easier then checking the dates)?
    • Why is everyone a ‘Site Administrator’ in the members group?
    #18102 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

See what i can do about the coloured tags.

Site administrator is just a label which has now been removed – no other members have administrators rights.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

#18103 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I like it.

#18104 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

It is on the front page.

#18105 Reply

Ross
    Participant

I preferred the old forum…….

#18106 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Ross+Jul 14 2004, 11:12 PM–>(Ross @ Jul 14 2004, 11:12 PM)
    I preferred the old forum…….

Only because it was powered by ‘phpbb’

#18107 Reply

Ross
    Participant

Correct.

I can actually get an InvisionBoard on my new site, but I had a look for Xbox skins and I found – 1 – which was absolute crap…

The popularity of phpbb must tell you something, no?

And like I said before – when phpbb v2.2 comes out, you’ll probably like that better – they’re adding a lot of things into it and most (if not all) of the new features will compete with IPB’s…

#18108 Reply

Ross
    Participant

How’s this?

I guess you’re probably wanting a box like phpbb did….

#18109 Reply

Ross
    Participant

Oh right – sorry about that – I got a bit mixed up – I thought you meant the front page of the forums (I’m guessing, so did Johnnie…)

Did there used to be one on the front page, or are you requesting a new feature?

#18110 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

No – the sites are on two different servers and both use different mark-up Language’s. Centre is using .asp and Forums is using .php

I don’t think secure details like your username and password will pass thought to another site on a different server.

I also don’t see the point in having a login box on skynewscentre.co.uk? Why do you want a login box on there for?

#18111 Reply

Ross
    Participant

I was wondering that myself – fair enough if Centre was a portal or something php based, then fair enough…

Of course since they’re on different servers, it would be difficult to do.

Unless Johnnie could make the main site have special content for registered people…? (Just an idea)

#18112 Reply

Ross
    Participant

Ooh – I have an idea – maybe just put a link to the forum login apge on the main site. So you wouldn’t be logging in on the main site, but you’d go straight to the login page on the forum, instead of clicking on the forum link, taking you to the index page.

Is that what you want, Shrek – or if not, will that do?

Although you could just stay logged in on your home computer and then when you come to the forums you’d already be logged in – that’s what I do.

(((and I have to say, staying logged in does work slightly better on Invision Boards……….. :huh: )))

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: New Forum
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register