New Look ITV News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Look ITV News

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Musey 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #28860 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

ITV News has launched its new look today….

Images from 11:50am summary

#28861 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Looks like Sky News in my opinion !

#28862 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’m totally unconvinced by the new look for ITV News – it smacks me as a bit of a cheap, cost conscious makeover designed to introduce maximum “impact” for minimum outlay. All they’ve really changed are the backgrounds, where CG squares have been ditched for the 1990’s style view of the interior of ITN’s headquarters, and the on-screen graphics, which now look decidedly tackier than their predecessors. The physical elements of the set are much the same as they were, save for some new blue uplighting for the floor panels.

All in all, it still looks a little on the cheap side, especially when the green-screen backgrounds bleed onto the physical set when shot from sone angles, and it’s nothing like as professional or expensive looking as BBC News or even Sky News.

Also, hasn’t ITV ever heard of WIDESCREEN? It’s a beef I’ve had with my regional ITV News show, “Scotland Today” for some time (along with their similarly cheap 2006 makeover – new graphics, some chopped about scenery, and a new desk) – the promo’s for the programme at 17.30 and 17.56 are both broadcast in widescreen, but the main broadcast itself is still resolutely in good old fashioned 4:3 – watching Scottish TV jumping aspect ratio’s from 16:9 down to 4:3 is actually quite entertaining….

#28863 Reply

Musey
    Participant

i think it looks absolutely terrible.

#28864 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Musey+Jan 26 2006, 02:01 PM–>(Musey @ Jan 26 2006, 02:01 PM)
    i think it looks absolutely terrible.

its not that different from the old one tbh..you must of hated the previous one then?

#28865 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The worst aspect of the new look is the resolution of the “live” ITN background when they have only one presenter in a fairly close up shot – it all goes to hell and shows up that the background is cheaply superimposed on a green screen.

#28866 Reply

Musey
    Participant

its not that different from the old one tbh..you must of hated the previous one then?

never been a big fan of itv’s imaage and style, but all the murky cheesy plastic greenness and trying to make it look super modern just falls flat on it’s face. just comes across as like they are trying to prove themselves and they’ve overdone it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: New Look ITV News
Your information: