New Presenter – Dominic

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Presenter – Dominic

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #21957 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Last night on Sky News a new presenter named Dominic was on, anyone know where he’s from or what he’s done? many of these new presenters come from regional news programs.

#21958 Reply

sir drinks alot
    Participant

oh lord sky could not get anyone for the night shift.so thay Hired count dracula,

#21959 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

sir drinks alot+Dec 21 2004, 12:53 AM–>(sir drinks alot @ Dec 21 2004, 12:53 AM)
    oh lord sky could not get anyone for the night shift.so thay Hired count dracula,

…I really wonder how old you are??
    I normal grown up man wouldn’t write such an idiotic comment! Or am I wrong? <_ <
    ______
    Tanya

#21960 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

at least, a brand-new presenter for the graveyard shift, as it is previously said, what a relief, my friends ! .

I hope he will stay for a very long time.

#21961 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

moynahan+Dec 21 2004, 11:57 AM–>(moynahan @ Dec 21 2004, 11:57 AM)
    …normal grown up man wouldn’t write such an idiotic comment! Or am I wrong? <_ <
    ______
    Tanya

You know what they say, men never grow up!

#21962 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Hey,

I’m brand new here, but I can tell you this is Dominic Dinatale. He used to work on BBC News 24 as a business correspondent and was for a brief spell a co-anchor for BBC World Business Report, reporting from New York.

Hope that helps.

#21963 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Dominic Dinatale is on the overnight shift for Tuesday-Wednesday March 1st-2nd.

#21964 Reply

sammy
    Participant

be interesting to see if hes back on later , only there’s been a full moon the last 2 nights ! i see tanya only likes decent normal blokes .. whatever they are ! B)

#21965 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I liked him, thought he was good. At least he gave us a decent glance at the front pages of the morning papers, unlike most of the other early a.m. presenters. The others choose an obscure, nonsense article on one of the inner pages, and waffle on about it for the duration of the (brief) newspaper review. Most irritating for those of us who live abroad and don’t get to buy/read the actual newspapers.

#21966 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Abby+Mar 2 2005, 02:42 PM–>(Abby @ Mar 2 2005, 02:42 PM)
    I liked him, thought he was good…..

So did I.

IMO, the overnight presenters are generally better performers than most of the daytime regulars.

Might be related to the working alone scenario…less pressured than awaiting the lead in to the solo paragraph and then [especially for women folk ], the skill of staying quiet.

#21967 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I have to admit my favourite Sky News presenters are Gordon Radley, Dominic Dinatale, Michael Watkins and Steve Gaisford: all overnight presenters. rob237’s right. The overnight presenters do seem better in my better. Not to discredit the others.

#21968 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Oh yeah, and Dom’s on again tonight. They just need to get him a personalised introduction instead of just ‘This is Sky News’. I guess he’s a freelancer but I haven’t seen him on TV since his debut just after Christmas.

#21969 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I was just looking at that picture of Dominic at the top of the thread the other day and notice he was wearing the same one again today!

#21970 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Yeah it seemed that he was wearing the same tie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: New Presenter – Dominic
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register