New Schedule

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Schedule

This topic contains 55 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  HOWIE 11 years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author

HOWIE
    Participant
    #32608 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I guess this is the new schedule,

Weekdays

6 / 9 Eamonn & Lorna ( Mon / Thur
    6 / 9 Emma & Mark ( Fri )
    9 / 12 Colin & Anna
    12 / 2 Kay
    2 / 5 Julie & Colin
    5 Jermery
    6 / 8 Jermery & Anna B
    8 / 10 Martin Stanford
    10 / 12 Martin & Gillian

Weekends

6 / 10 Mark & Helen ( Saturday )
    6 / 10 Mark & Samantha ( Sunday )
    10 / 12 Saturday Live & Sunday Live
    12 / 5 Chris & Emma ( WEEK 1 )
    12 / 5 Steve D & Emma ( WEEK 2 )
    5 / 12 Steve D & Lucy ( WEEK 1 )
    5 / 12 Chris & Lucy ( WEEK 2 )

#32609 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I like it Howie, apart from the fact that Allan is no longer in a permanent slot.

#32610 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

oooooooooooo lots of colin

#32611 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I have to agree I like it better range of presenters, but I must agree with Jonnoboy bring bak Allan King ?

#32612 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

recently I have noticed that Gillian has been anchoring solo between 11-12am.

Martin Popplewell looks to be by far the biggest loser in this shake-up. Can’t say I’m sorry that he’s hardly on anymore – he always looked bored quite frankly.

#32613 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Martin was actually growing on me. Shame that both him and Allan have lost out on this reshuffle.

#32614 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Has Allan retired and has Martin left ?

#32615 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Martin Popplewell is only freelance….and was covering Martin Stanfords’ show the week before last, aswell as a a few 10-12PM with Emma Crosby.

#32616 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

and as if by magic – he’s covering for Martin Stanford tonight again.

#32617 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I hope to see Allan sometime.

#32618 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

Have they got rid of Allan completely. I liked him. Sky news is a bit dull at the mo as I like a variety of presenters rather that the same few everyday :biggrin:

Popplewell was on tonight

#32619 Reply

The Eagle
    Participant

Its absolutely ridiculous that Colin is now anchoring two segments – why not give Allan or Mark SNTPM?

I also wonder why there is no cover for Martin on Sky News Tonight, leaving a boring three hours with just Gillian.

#32620 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

really don’t like the line up at the moment.

whats with Emma, Steve, Mark and Chris all stuck at the weekends?

at the moment it minds me of Sky news before the new look.

#32621 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I think in my opinion Emma, Steve D, Mark L & Chris R both deserve a slot in the week perm

#32622 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I guess the new schedule for weekends is official as they have moved the images about on the Sky News formus of presenters.

#32623 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Well, Allan King is currently on air with Julie Etchingham [SNT PM] and Emma Crosby was with Colin Brazier this morning….so he’s still there !

#32624 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’ve been following this topic as a Guest, but now that I’m a member I can make the point that I’ve been waiting to read on this subject: Nobody has mentioned the absence from the regular schedule of the wonderful Paula Middlehurst. Now that Vivien Creegor and Lisa Aziz have disappeared, she must be the most capable of the females (alongside Emma C, of course.)

It’s been great seeing her during the evenings this week. You only have to see her doing a Newspaper Review to see her breadth: Monday evening’s with Andrew Pierce and Angela Billingham was wonderful. She listens to her guests (unlike many of the others) and she has the charm to make the whole half hour session a delight to watch. She also does not need another presenter to carry her along (again, unlike some.) She deserves a more prominant role in the new schedule!

Two more quick points: Great to see Allan King back this afternoon and will someone please give some credit to Martin Popplewell. Surely he’s about the best of the younger ones.

#32625 Reply

Daisy Steiner
    Participant

OperaGhost wrote:Well, Allan King is currently on air with Julie Etchingham [SNT PM] and Emma Crosby was with Colin Brazier this morning….so he’s still there !

Where did the Brazier vanish off to this afternoon? Maybe he had a couple of drinks at lunch and needed to have a lie down in a darkened room :biggrin:

#32626 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Allan should take one of Colin’s shifts. PM preferably.

#32627 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Alongside with Emma like Jonnoboy as they do make a good team !

#32628 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

Does Martin Stanford not have his own show now on a Saturday between 10 / 12

#32629 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

It seems to alternate between Chris Roberts and Steve Dixon….[and is no-longer listed as Saturday Live with Martin Stanford on Sky Planner]

#32630 Reply

markyboy26
    Participant

i see colin is back this afternoon. Allan king was short lived

#32631 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

Allan King sent me a PM!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
Reply To: New Schedule
Your information: