New Studio

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Studio

This topic contains 508 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  garethjordan 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 509 total)
  • Author

kerry
    Participant
    #14102 Reply

kerry
    Participant

Sky News has pipped Sky Sports to a new purpose-built building for all News operations at Osterley.  

New studios, more space and building due to start in September this year.  
    Still in planning stages but everything is moving

has johnnie got anymore information?

#14103 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Interesting. Sky should have an awesome revamp then. If only SNA could do something….

Any More details?

#14104 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Sky really will be able to beat up the other news broadcasters with this new development.

It will be a purpose built news centre as opposed to the current converted industrial warehouse

i’m imagining something on the scale of MSNBC with their two story news centre – WOW imagine a two story newswall!

maybe Johnnie would like to get us some more details?!?!

#14105 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

The BBC have a fairly impressive ‘news centre’ at their Television Centre in West London, which handles their national TV and radio news output. So I imagine that Sky News felt that they needed to move up a gear to stay ahead of the news-gathering pack with a purpose built news centre. – Although they do seem to be doing okay as it is, with all the awards they are picking up. But the competition are not standing still, so it shows that Sky News are not resting on their laurels.

#14106 Reply

AJ
    Participant

must note that the BBC is moving its whole news operation to Broadcasting House in Central London in 2008 – very impressive artists impressions too!

#14107 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant
    #14108 Reply

AJ
    Participant

http://thetvroom.com/area-c/tvmocks/studio…news-2004.shtml

no – they are not real images, they are merely mock ups by Martin Anderson (the designer of this site) of what he would like to see the Sky News Studios look like

#14109 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I think its an idea that will become very dated very quickly though.

I’d like to see the new studios much the same as they are now – blues and reds – only on a much larger scale.

The new studios should, in theory, allow sky news to start producing new programmes too – they won’t be able to have the excuse of “not enough room”

#14110 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News are actually moving to another Building. The recently bought building is just behind Tesco’s on Grant way and used to be a ‘Comdisco’ owned building.

#14111 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

What will happen to the current studio?

#14112 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I’d imagine it’d go to another part of Sky. I don’t think they’d sell it. Possibly give it to Sky Sports maybe?

I’m sure they’ll find a use for it

#14113 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I have heard that the designs for the new studios are completed. I will post more news when i have it.

#14114 Reply

kerry
    Participant

the current plan calls for an integrated newsroom/studio. Essentially the Main pres desk will be right in the center of the newsroom. If memory serves there are at least 3 different presentation positions around the newsroom as well as the main desk.

well, what do you think about that then?

#14115 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Mwah!

#14116 Reply

AJ
    Participant

are they ditching their newswall?

#14117 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

there are at least 3 different presentation positions around the newsroom.

I heard there will be a lot of walking and pointing.

#14118 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I reckon we’re either looking at a September launch (if things move quickly – although doubtful) or an almost certain Jaunary launch

[Kirsty] Young will still front Five’s news, but production will move to a new studio complex in west London.

from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t…dio/3546373.stm

Could this be the new Sky News complex?

#14119 Reply

AJ
    Participant

there are at least 3 different presentation positions around the newsroom.

I heard there will be a lot of walking and pointing.

prays for the studio *not* to look like ITV’s fake-o-rama studio

#14120 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I am praying

#14121 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I hate virtual sets.

I really Sky stay with the newswall idea, but innovate further with it.

#14122 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

So do I. They are fine as they are.

Please make it not be like either Channel4 or the ITV news sets–both are so horrible.

I like the Beeb set -simple but simple works.

I think SNUK set at the mo is excellent-don’t change it!

#14123 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

How does the oh so horrible ITV set look, anyway?

#14124 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

i saw ITV news the other day and they had the presenter at the “newswall” with a house graphic in front of the presenter covering up the newsdesk..looked exactly like when sky use the newswall and graphics over the newsroom…

#14125 Reply

Jonno
    Participant

How does the oh so horrible ITV set look, anyway?

At the bottom of this page is some ‘behind the scenes’ pictures of the studio, and right at the bottom an example of the blue background.

Here is a link to an itv article with a picture of Sir Trevor McDonald with a different back drop.

Basically all of the green wall becomes blue and then they add graphics, or live links. It really is awful.

SKY NEWS ? Don?t get any ideas!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 509 total)
Reply To: New Studio
Your information: