New Weather Presenter "Lucy"

Forums Forums TV Newsroom New Weather Presenter "Lucy"

This topic contains 45 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  classeyham 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author

sky_news_nut
    Participant
    #27995 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

I’ve noticed as part of the whole revamp of Sky News and with all the new presenters there seems to be a new weather presenter called Lucy. She seems to be on mainly in the mornings after Sunrise but I’ve only seen her on twice this week! I personally think she is really nice and she certainly makes the weather more interesting. She has a really good voice for it and speaks at just the right speed!

Anyone know any more about her? Does she have a regular time she is on? What is her second name? She’s not even mentioned on the official Sky News website!

#27996 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Got a pic:

#27997 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Lucy’s surname is Verasamy

#27998 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Verasamy eh? That must be why they never say her second name, tis bit of a mouth full! mind you I’ve seen Martin Stanford not even get her first name right, introducing her once as “Lisa” !.

Is she new? She’s hardly ever on! I hope she gets a regular slot

#27999 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Judging by the lack of replies to this thread I’m guessing there mustn’t be any other Lucy fans on these forums!

I even sent her an email basically just saying I thought she was a good presenter and wishing her luck but she never even replied!

Anyone else ever had success in trying to contact a presenter? Do any of them actually answer their fans???

#28000 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Lucy has been a SKY Weather presenter for many months now, since the late summer at least. She was certainly on for a few months before the re-launch.

She seemed quite nervous all those months ago, but has settled down and is very, VERY watchable.

#28001 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

very watchable indeed! And i’m not just saying that becuase she’s attractive! Confident, energetic and enthused throughout, interesting movement, great use of her voice and good expression. Top marks I say!

#28002 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

It must be just me, as she never seems to get any better at all. Totally error strewn most of the time

#28003 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

nah man, she’s much better now, appart from yesterday when she said “hello day” instead of “hello there”, I guess that prob got her a bit “hot under the collar”! But otherwise she’s fine!

#28004 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

WHERE IS HASEL PLEASE TELL US !

#28005 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

jonn0boy+Dec 1 2005, 07:55 PM–>(jonn0boy @ Dec 1 2005, 07:55 PM)
    It must be just me, as she never seems to get any better at all. Totally error strewn most of the time

no it isn’t just you. She only ever comes across as amateurish and has all the style of a 12-year old on work experience…

I tend to think that if she looked like a 45-year old housewife from Barnsley, there wouldn’t be the kind of replies we’re seeing on this thread

#28006 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

She only ever comes across as amateurish and has all the style of a 12-year old on work experience…

Oh for goodness sake, give the girl a chance! She’s only been presenting a few months so I imagine it’s all still rather new to her and very different from what she was doing at the PA WeatherCentre. Also this new arrangement for the forecast at the end of the hour being AFTER the commerical break doesn’t exactly help; she’s gotta totally rush through it all in about 30seconds.

even if she does make the odd mistake, I still think she’s great!

#28007 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

don’t be silly. If you are claiming she can’t deal with the nuances of live TV – then she shouldn’t be there! They’ve numerous weather girls who are much better but who seem to have been sidelined to weekend shifts.

And Denise started at Sky around the same time IIRC and has quickly settled in and looks a natural.

#28008 Reply

Martin Phillp
    Participant

Lucy and Denise are MUCH better now.

#28009 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

She is exactly that, on work experience.

I must ask, if she was 45 and looked like Ann Widdecombe, would you be raving about her based on her presenting ability.

Like Luke, I think not!!

#28010 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Lucy is back!

Where has she been??? Haven’t seen her in ages!

#28011 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

saw Lucy talking from the Sky News WeatherCentre today. She was sitting infront of her computer, talking about the bad snow.

Despite what some of you have been saying, she is actually a pretty clever lady! She obviously knows her stuff, as not just any idiot can present the weather. I have seen her presenting alot recently and she is fine now, and probably is only making mistakes no more than the likes of Francis, Lisa etc. So i think she’s definitely settled in now like the rest of the new folk have.

Thanks!

Martin

#28012 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

From This Moment on…

Today since 06.58 AM I?ve follow the new Sky Weather presenter, Lucy Verasamy. As I know, she?s only been presending a few months – so give the girl her chance.
    Today she was very very good. No mistake and no fault. Ouick and smiling!
    Maybe she have Hazel Murray as her teacher this morning! :rolleyes:
    Give Lucy Verasamy a few months more. Then she will be in the “same class” as Jo Wheeler, Steff Gaulter and Sarah Moore. Thank You!

#28013 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been a big Lucy fan since I first saw her in October.

At first she was a bit nervous and made a few mistakes – and understably so – but she’s really settled down now and is doing just fine.

I really like her presenting style: She is confident, enthusiastic, and she has a very interesting voice – not at all boring like some other presenters. Good expressions and movement too. And of course there is the added bonus that she is absolutely gorgeous!

Was glad about all the snow that’s affected the country over the last couple of days as it’s meant Lucy has been on alot more – she was talking to Martin at the newswall this morning about how the snow is gonna spread!

And she’s been working almost every day recently (Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, 27th, today) – what a pro!

So all-in-all, I think Lucy is pretty cool. 10/10 I say.

#28014 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I completly agree… she has been getting better, and I have grown to like her In a few months she will be a star weather presenter

#28015 Reply

Liam
    Participant

Lucy looked rather fetching on earlier today at wall talking to Martin,
    black tights/heels
    Nice one

#28016 Reply

sky_news_nut
    Participant

Lucy looked rather fetching on earlier today at wall talking to Martin,
    black tights/heels 
    Nice one

Ah she sure did don’t suppose anyone got any caps..?

#28017 Reply

Selig
    Participant

sky_news_nut+Dec 1 2005, 10:48 PM–>(sky_news_nut @ Dec 1 2005, 10:48 PM)

She only ever comes across as amateurish and has all the style of a 12-year old on work experience…

Oh for goodness sake, give the girl a chance! She’s only been presenting a few months so I imagine it’s all still rather new to her and very different from what she was doing at the PA WeatherCentre. Also this new arrangement for the forecast at the end of the hour being AFTER the commerical break doesn’t exactly help; she’s gotta totally rush through it all in about 30seconds.

even if she does make the odd mistake, I still think she’s great!

She was truly shocking when she first came on air.

It was obvious someone was coaching her just off-camera and she was unused to live broadcasting as she kept turning off-camera at the end of the weather to look at this person but before the editor had changed the camera to another shot. Strange when all you have to do is wait fior the red light on top of the camera to turn off!

You also got to see how false the smile at the end is as she would smile at the camera and then drop it IMMEDIATELY as she turned off-camera.

It was most unprofessional but the coaching in presentation (and deportment if needed which SKY are VERY good at for women) has paid off and she hasn’t made that mistake for a long time.

As for the rest of her knowledge and presentation skills I cannot comment as I generally only see her on fast forward with no sound. She looks good though and did so when she walked past me oustide the Press Association (curiously) building a month or so ago wearing jeans inside her knee-length (or calf-length) boots. We exchanged glances but she was with a fella at the time.

She’s still not Lisa or Steff though, give me a Cantab. Grad. any day

As for her not being on which seems to be an oft repeated question on these boards about weather presenters, whilst some do seem to go on extended breaks they don’t always keep the same time slot, they do move around to make things fair amongst the presenters! And since the new studio re-launch there have been more weather slots per day with them now being on the hour as well as the half-hour between 10:00 and 16:00 and after 22:30 too.

#28018 Reply

anna26
    Participant

But you never see Francis doing mornings.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
Reply To: New Weather Presenter "Lucy"
Your information: