Amy Lea named new presenter of ITV Tyne Tees

Amy Lea ITV Tyne Tees

ITV News Tyne Tees has announced its new presenter.

Amy Lea will join Ian Payne on-screen from 29th March to present the evening news programme at 6pm.

“I am beyond thrilled about being the new presenter at ITV Tyne Tees,” said Amy.

“It is the opportunity of a lifetime and I just feel incredibly privileged to have the chance to share the news – good and bad, funny, happy or sad, with all those watching where we live.”

Amy replaces former presenter Pam Royle, who presented her final programme last Friday.

During her career, Amy has reported on stories both home and abroad, including the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, the manhunt for Raoul Moat and the Manchester Arena bombing.

Amy has risen through the ranks at ITV Tyne Tees, which she joined as a Production Journalist in 2015, becoming an On-Screen Journalist in 2018.

Before joining ITV, Amy worked in commercial radio across the North East and North Yorkshire and with the BBC in both radio and television.

Ian added: “Pam’s been my best friend and on-screen partner for such a long time – it’s going to be a big change for us all, including our wonderful viewers, and I’m really looking forward to the start of another exciting chapter with Amy alongside me.”

Posted by on Sunday 28 March 2021
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link