News addiction?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom News addiction?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

urbane
    Participant
    #33796 Reply

urbane
    Participant

I’m verging on an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to viewing News 24. Well, perhaps not when Natasha Kaplinsky is on, but…

I recently realised the true depth of the problem while relishing the thought that the brain surgery I’m about to undertake would provide an ample opportunity to sit in a hospital bed for days with just News 24 for company.

It’s the first thing I watch when I wake and the last thing I watch before turning in. Often, I watch the same rolling news items for hours at a time. I don’t always sit glued to the screen, but it’s on in the background. Also, I usually have it switched on at work – they even encourage me to do so!

Why do I watch? Well, I suppose it’s because I don’t want to miss any breaking news and I have always had a personal interest in politics etc. However, my viewing has increased since I found myself involved in a news story last year. I’ve even developed quite a crush on a certain newsreader.

I would like to know if anybody else feels they are too embroiled in the news? There’s got to be somebody here, in a dedicated news forum, who’s willing to admit it. Surely it can’t be as sad as having an obsession with reality TV or soaps, can it?

#33797 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The first thing i see when i wake up is Sky News, although for news reasons and not because I’m totally obsessed with Sky News (which I’m not ).

I think many people like to get their news first thing in the mornings and people do in different ways. You turn on N24, I turn on Sky News, my mother LBC and my father’s got a newspapers within 20 minutes of waking up.

Most of the day I’ll have Sky News on in the background and i tend to watch most of the main bulletins on ITV1, C4 and Five.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: News addiction?
Your information: