News Channel of the Year

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom News Channel of the Year

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #13917 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky News wins the RTS News Channel of the year award and Innovation Award for the Hutton Inquiry and the Soham murder trial (Reporting the Courts).

Well done Sky.

#13918 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Allan King and Juliette Foster just told the great news! Fantastic!

Tanya

#13919 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

I couldn’t see anybody else winning the ‘RTS News Channel of the Year’ award tonight, as BBC News 24 and the ITV News channel are not at the races when compared to the excellent coverage that Sky News give. Sky News are the best at what they do, full stop.

The award for the court reconstructions is well deserved too. So yes indeed, well done Sky News.

#13920 Reply

SimUK
    Participant

Excellent news, and yet again Sky get to keep the News Channel of the Year

#13921 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Bring on the Baftas

#13922 Reply

Skybaby
    Participant

I am so pleased they’ve won some RTS awards – I have to be honest and say that I didn’t think that they would this year (waits to be smacked round the head). I thought there’d be a lot of Beeb sympathy votes because of the Huttton fallout.

More hopeful about the BAFTAs now. Any screenshots of the RTS ceremony for us poor Skyless souls?

#13923 Reply

gaja
    Participant

Just seen the awards on Sunrise. How good did Julie Etchingham look at the ceremony??

Sorry!

Well done Sky News, but I think the gloves are off now with the other News Channels and Sky will have to be better than ever to retain the title next year.

#13924 Reply

Jonno
    Participant

Indeed, I also think that Sky will have a tough job keeping the award because of the greater competition there now is.

But well done to all of the sky news team

#13925 Reply

Jonno
    Participant

Sky News have just played an advert of their new awards. It is just the same pictures which were used for the technology advert (with the skycopter and video phones), but instead makes the point of Sky news winning the innovation award and the News Channel of the Year award for the third successive year in the voice over and the text at the bottom.

Anna’s not on Live at Five tonight, it must have been a good night!

Once again well done Sky news!!!

There was a lovely closeup of the awards just before 5pm, would make a great picture if somebody could upload it.

There are also some pictures of some of the presenters collecting the award on the sky online article

#13926 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #13927 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

There was a lovely closeup of the awards just before 5pm, would make a great picture if somebody could upload it.

been grabbing all day. will upload them all later.

#13928 Reply

Jonno
    Participant

Cheers Johnnie

Here’s a nice piece from the RTS website

News Channel of the Year  
    Sky News  

?The judges noted that this sector of the TV news business had witnessed significant change and innovation with all the players striving ? with some success ? to raise their game. However, in spite of the presence of much they wished to commend on the other channels, the judges were unanimous in their view that none yet matched the winner who had continued to innovate in their coverage of the war and elsewhere and, as a news channel, remain – simply the best!?

#13929 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #13930 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Well done..Sky team.

Julie Etchingham looked amazing…very beautiful.

#13931 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

Julie Etchingham looked amazing…very beautiful.

I thought Kay Burley looked absolutely stunning. It seems like she has been around for ever, but she could give any of the young ones a run for their money!

Yeah I admit it, Kay Burley is the reason I watch Sky News. So sue me!

#13932 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Congratulations to Sky News, but I do hope they ask themselves why no individual awards when they were deserved (ok, so there was a lot of PCness involved)…and also notice that their one nominee in those categories was for a …documentary. Sky’s normally allergic to those. Let’s have some. Iraq, Middle East etc. Go for it.

Last night I watched the 70s movie “Network” again on the telly. Couldn’t help wondering how similar or dissimilar that lot are to Sky’s headhonchos?! Or how many Brentmeisters walk their blue ‘n red corridors?! (My fav journo certainly knows that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue!)

Yep, Stevo the Skybabes/presenters looked very glam. Dare I say that JT looked older without his make-up and with his new, military style haircut (sorry mate).

#13933 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

With speeches like that I bet he cleans up on the after dinner circuit. Mark Longhurst definantly on the “Just For Men”.

#13934 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Kay Burley is THE BEST.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: News Channel of the Year
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register