Nick Berg "Beheaded"

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Nick Berg "Beheaded"

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DonnieDarko 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JoeAddinson
    Participant
    #16996 Reply

JoeAddinson
    Participant

The father of Nick Berg, the American beheaded in Iraq, directly blamed President Bush and Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on May 13, 2004 for his son’s death. ‘My son died for the sins of George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld. This administration did this,’ Berg said in an interview with radio station KYW-AM.

It’s also reported that Taiwan news broadcasted the “Beheaded” video and i think they are the only station in the world to do so.

#16997 Reply

Steven
    Participant

It’s also reported that Taiwan news broadcasted the “Beheaded” video and i think they are the only station in the world to do so.

It’s pretty amazing that all the Arab stations resisted showing this video, yet a Taiwan broadcaster showed it. I wonder if there were any repercussions for that station? It has got to be a pretty gruesome thing to show, and what value would it add to your programme, I wonder?

#16998 Reply

ST34
    Participant

Clearly Arab channels have not shown this video, because it shows Arabs/Muslims behaving barbarically. The video is easily attainable here though through other sources.

Showing the video would not add anything to any news broadcast. It would just be a publicity stunt.

It’s also very gruesome and disturbing, an understatement.

#16999 Reply

DonnieDarko
    Participant

Apparently some News agencies web sites in the states have posted stills of them holding up severed head. I read this in the paper and haven’t personally gone looking to find out. I even think showing the still (that most sites/papers have shown) of him after he was pushed to the ground, immediately before the execution was too much to show. Must make it even worse for his family.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Nick Berg "Beheaded"
Your information: