Nick Bryant to leave the BBC

Nick Bryant BBC News Reporter

New York correspondent Nick Bryant is to leave the BBC.

“I have loved my 25 years with the BBC. To work alongside so many colleagues I admire and adore has been one of the great gifts of my life,” said Nick.

“But I’ll be leaving later in the year – returning to Australia, happy, contented and genuinely excited about what’s next.”

Before taking the New York job, Nick was based in Washington, South Asia and Sydney.

In Washington, he covered the presidencies of Bill Clinton and George W Bush, while in South Asia he reported from the sharp end of the Bush administration’s war on terror in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

He has filed from many of the world’s most famous datelines, including the White House, the Kremlin, the DMZ on the Korean Peninsula, Downing Street, Ground Zero and Guantanamo Bay.

Posted by on Wednesday 28 April 2021
Posted in
Bernard Ponsonby retires from STV

STV’s special correspondent Bernard Ponsonby has announced he is retiring from the channel after 34 years in the industry. He

Darren McCaffrey Images

Darren McCaffrey is making a return to Sky News. He left the organisation in 2018 to join Euronews before moving

Gillian Anderson as Emily Maitlis on Scoop

Scoop is a film based on the true events leading up to Prince Andrew’s explosive 2019 BBC Newsnight interview. The

Copy link